close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moonshine Still

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by cold queso, Sep 12, 2008.

1. cold queso

cold queso G&G Regular

My biggest concern is not being able to carry enough Jack Daniels. Anybody got any mobile still setups they use? (Yes, I'm looking for answers from south of the Mason-Dixon line):alcoholic:

2. gunnut2

gunnut2 G&G Newbie

Do you really expect someone to answer that?

3. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

4. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTyY8dQtyi4]YouTube - how to make moonshine (Still Making Moonshine)[/ame]

5. jimkim

jimkim G&G Enthusiast

Well I think they beat me to it.

6. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

question: does the thumper tank work like a "water smoking pipe"?
    just out of curiosity.

7. jimkim

jimkim G&G Enthusiast

The thumper helps take out the impurities.

"Moonshiners can manage to increase proof strength by adding "thumper kegs" or doublers to their stills. This involves running a line from the pot down into a secondary barrel before it continues to the condenser. Vapors from the pot condense in the doubler and raise the heat of low-proof distillate in the bottom of the tank to the boiling point. High-proof alcohol vapors are then released. Several doublers can be added in series to boost alcohol content."
    http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/meCh7.html

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

so the "cap arm" comes out of the "still" and into the thumper tank. does the end of the cap arm go below the level of the water in the thumper tank? hypotheticaly speaking.lol

9. andrew cochran

andrew cochran G&G Newbie

All good info.

10. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

sorry cold queso i didnt mean to highjack your thread. i just never new how to ask this question.

could you use a charcoal filter to take out impurities instead of a thumper tank?

11. rebel727

rebel727 G&G Enthusiast

I've never seen a real one set up like that and I've seen a bunch of them. Most just have the furnace which is usually a 55 gallon drum with the top cut off. It has a sheet copper cone over it with a copper pipe coming out of it and goes into a smaller drum with the coil and water. I have seen them use car radiators instead of the copper coil but that's a bad idea. If you buy moonshine it's best to know who makes it and how.

12. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

^ ++++++1

There used to be some locals a lil south of here that used old radiators and other old car parts!

13. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Man, if you're that concerned about having alcohol, you've got some real problems.

14. cold queso

cold queso G&G Regular

This was a tongue in cheek post. I just get tired of the ever-going zombie, SHTF, BOB stuff. I laugh thinking about old fat white guys with a Mossberg pump and an SKS actually posting up against a military threat. Not much chance against a tank or air strike.

So for me survival means getting to camp out, hunt and fish, campfire with jack daniels at night and coffee in the morning. Maybe linking up with a few G&G members and having a hoot.

But that still looks pretty neat!?!?!

15. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

lol. i only ask because i want to get a class 1 liquor license here in AZ, and with it i can distill my own alcohol, so i can make cordials and infusions. got my forms just need to russell up the money.

16. Jersey Jailer

Jersey Jailer G&G Newbie

The trick isn't portable.... it's having a big enough vat to ferment the corn or potatos to make enough to make it worth while

17. Kompressor

Kompressor G&G Newbie

Why would anyone drink moonshine, let alone Jack Daniels, when you can get perfect whiskey from Ireland??!

18. Deep13

Deep13 G&G Evangelist

Actually it is a good idea. Moonshine can be used as currency if the economy collapses.

My grandmother used to have a still in her cellar back in MA. That was in the 1970s. By then it was never used, but I imagine it got a workout during prohibition.

19. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

Oh rest assured, When the S goes down, Liquor and tobacco will **** near be priceless!!

Which brings me to another quandary... Anyone plant their own personal tobacco?? Is it hard to get permission (I'm assuming stamps).. Dont really need the ATF breathing down my neck!! lol

20. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

Due to the low temperature that alcohol vaporizes, you can build a perfectly workable still using large glass bottles placed in direct sunlight.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted