Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct that a 32 ACP uses a 30 caliber bullet, and that it's the same round as 7.65 Browning?

I had the craziest idea (oh no, here he goes again) of trying to do subsonic loads with more power by using 30 cal rifle bullets. Figure maybe use slow burning powders to keep pressure down, and give just enough to cycle in a semi auto pistol, or maybe a carbine based on a submachinegun with some of its parts?

Let the beatings begin...

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GunGeek made me aware of a 32 S&W that I didn't think of. Maybe it would be better since its guns are manually operated?

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read 0.3125 on www.reloadbench.com . Suppose 0.311" bullets for 7.62x39mm would make a good subsonic round?

Maybe the CZ-52 in 7.62x25mm would be a better choice to use them in than a 32 ACP gun.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it Sierra who will give you load data for a cartridge by phone, no matter whose bullets you use?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Sierra is Excellent but you can also call Alliant & Accurate depending on what you are trying to do -- I have actually had Alliant test loads for me and they give all the ballistic data within a few days if it is feasible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts