close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More Proof Gun Control Doesn't Work..

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Calvin, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Found this article and thought it would be good reading. I wonder if Chuck Schumer read this. Also, there's a racial tone to this. Pay attention, kids......

- A weekend shooting rampage at a bar and restaurant on Manhattan's East Side is a clear demonstration that New York state's gun control laws have failed to protect the public, says a gun rights group. Joe Waldron, Executive Director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, called the racially motivated shooting of three people by alleged gunman Steven Johnson a "failure of gun control." Johnson, who is black, reportedly invaded the bar, intent on killing as many white people as he could before police killed him. Police call the phenomenon "suicide by cop." "New York has some of the most draconian gun laws on the books," Waldron observed, "and every one of them was promoted by their sponsors as a measure to prevent this kind of rampage. But all these gun laws have done is disarm law-abiding citizens, making them easy prey for criminals and maniacs who will always managed to get a gun, no matter how many laws are passed to keep firearms out of the hands of honest people." In a press release, Waldron called Johnson's act an "outrage" that might not have happened if even one customer in the bar had been legally armed. Waldron said the shooting should "galvanize New Yorkers to demand repeal of restrictive gun laws that leave them at the non-existent mercy of urban terrorists and madmen."

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Is that Sergeant Schultz behind the wheel?

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Considering how the typical Left-wing Liberal thinks, they'll say this is more proof why they need to ban those horrible guns.
    They don't think logically, that it's the criminal committing the crime rather than the gun.
    "When Liberals are in charge, only criminals will have guns!"

Root Cause - vote the Liberals out! :mad:

4. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

It is indeed, Klaus.....

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

gun control is hitting what you aim at!

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Remember Luby's(?) in McClean Texas. One of the patrons a lady had taken her pistol out of her purse before going in because it was against the law to take it into an 'establishment'. She said if she had had it, she could have saved alot of lives. She sued the city and won. I agree: Always better to have it and not need it...

7. NRAJOE

Amen brother, rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!

8. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Another story:
    Where I live this guy, who happened to be in my unit, went into a restuarant with a shotgun and pistol and began shooting everyone. When he ran out of ammo, he went back out to his car, reloaded and went back in and shot some more. The front page picture of the pregnant woman being wheeled out on a gurney peppered all over with bird shot did more to get the CCW passed than anything. This was in 1994 at Luigi's in Fayettenam, SGT French.

9. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I have to wonder if they are going to charge this guy with a hate crime because he was only targeting one race

10. NRAJOE

At least some good came out of it. ccw

11. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Probably not. It's one thing to do it to white people, but don't dare call a black a racist. They're just "getting even" for all of their oppression.........

12. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Eric That was Killeen, TX