Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEFD3413-2D72-4626-9D4A-09BBEF202C7A.jpeg
Broke out my grandfathers Remington Model 34 today and caught 3 nice rabbits. He bought this rifle the year my mother was born, 88 years ago next year. Mom remembers the squirrels he would bring home for grandma to cook.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
That would make a nice calendar picture. A beautiful rifle and nice looking trio of rabbits
I'm sure you must have felt well satisfied using that particular rifle and reliving a bit of history. The small things in life matter :)

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
One question about the rifle though, is the forearm cracked? Of the 3 different ones I have seen, all had the forearm cracked from the tip to verying lengths down the stock.

·
Premium Member
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One question about the rifle though, is the forearm cracked? Of the 3 different ones I have seen, all had the forearm cracked from the tip to verying lengths down the stock.
I looked this morning, real close. There is a hairline crack from the tip of the forearm back to the metal strap. It stops there. Darn! Jinxed me! Lol!

·
Premium Member
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5729BAAF-AA81-4265-8E3B-A3F39BAE00F6.jpeg
Took my grandson out to my rabbit honey hole early today and got him on rabbits as well. He is the new owner of this little .22 that once belonged to his great-great grandfather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts