close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More than last 18 threads?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sutro, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Sutro

Sutro G&G Newbie

New to this board, all I can bring up are the past 18 threads. How do you get access to older threads. Read FAQ, but the answer isn't there.

2. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

Threads

They just re formatted this board a few days ago. I'm a newbie just a few weeks ago and was reading all kinds of stuff, then one day POOF, all gone and this format shows up. Now we're all newbies.

3. The threads you see here are all that exists on this new site....when they converted over the threads from the previous site could not be transferred.

And, welcome!!!!!!!.....yepper

4. Sutro

Sutro G&G Newbie

Bummer. That happened at ak47.net as well, and some really good information got lost.

5. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Sorry about all that... I really regret we couldn't transfer all the old posts. We were working with two entirely different softwares with the other being very old. The only way we found it possibly could have worked involved transferring every post ever posted in the old site's history (in every forum) to one of the forums on this site... then assigning them to their designated forums. Needless to say, this would create serious downtime and being that there is only two of us to sort through every jumbled post... well, you get the picture. Even if we had decided to do that, the sudden transfer of such a huge amount of data to one forum risked crashing our new server host... not a good thing. We've worked hard to interconnect on search engines and links. The webrings should be back up in a few days so things really should begin to pick up. Just think... this new board has only been up 13 days. We daily try to add more links to help traffic...

Jesse

6. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

It's all good

I like the new set up and anyone with good info or a good memory will be sure to post all that information again. It seems certian that the same questions will pop up over and over again. Same with the solutions.

7. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Yep but My fingers get tired