Gun and Game Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the final stages of prettying up a nice Finnish m91 stock. Unfortunately, there's no rifle in it. Does anyone have a barreled receiver, or separate barrel and/or receiver, or complete gun with thrashed wood, or....???

Finnish would be nice, but I'll take what I can get. If I don't find anything else, I've been threatening to put the stock on a 91/30. When I tried it on one for size, the handguard stopped just short of the sight and the stock extended on under the sight. Of course a bayonet won't mount, but it was kind of interesting visually; it had a sort of Mannlicher look to it.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up

e3mrk said:
I don't have one but there are some at gunbroker.com at a good price.
I'll give 'em a look-see. Didn't see any last time I looked, but it's been a while.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I found one

I went back to gunbroker.com as suggested, and found a 1915 with a sadly bubba'd stock. The auction just ended, and I own it.

I paid a little more than I had originally hoped to spend. But it's a Westinghouse with an intact Czarist crest and no import marks, and supposedly in excellent condition aside from the wood, so I can't complain. Unless it's been converted, of course....

Thanks again for the response, e3mrk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You would be amazed at how it will turn out with just a little time.
My son had one with a bad barrel so we cut it down to 18.5 " and it sure is fun to shoot.We turn a lot of heads at the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.