Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to buy a decent 91/30 but wish some feedback before i decide. Cant remember if it is a 1932 or 1935 year of manufacture, but it has brass fixings one near the end of stock by barrel and the other at the end of the wooden forearm. Never saw this on a nagant before, the seller cames the gun is completely original including the brass fixtures.

Can anyone tell me if the Russians did build some Nagant 91/30s with brass fixtures or would this been added during refurbishing or added by someone else that may of owned it. Your replies appreciated. I am new to the Mosin Nagants.:confused:

Boocow17

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
Have a chance to buy a decent 91/30 but wish some feedback before i decide. Cant remember if it is a 1932 or 1935 year of manufacture, but it has brass fixings one near the end of stock by barrel and the other at the end of the wooden forearm. Never saw this on a nagant before, the seller cames the gun is completely original including the brass fixtures.
Can anyone tell me if the Russians did build some Nagant 91/30s with brass fixtures or would this been added during refurbishing or added by someone else that may of owned it. Your replies appreciated. I am new to the Mosin Nagants.:confused:
Boocow17
Compare what you have with the Mosin Nagant Rifle Model Identification Guide at 7.62x54r.net and see what you come up with..
Be sure to let us know what you find, too!!!

·
Premium Member
30,695 Posts
yeah !i wanna see!

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
I'm not sure what you're talking about

Boocow17
Some of the old m91's and dragoons had brass rivets at each end of the handguard...

Can you be more specific or throw us a pic?

Oops; my bad. Copper rivets...

·
Registered
223 Posts
my ukrainian refurbished 1942 tula has a late war stock and a early hand guard with brass end caps and copper rivets. both ends of the spectrum old and new parts kinda makes you wonder what happened to the old stock and late war hand guard? probably on another ukrainian refurb. "the mystery of the mosin" continues...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts