Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a two-sided oil bottle from gunbroker.com. The bottle is fine, less one O-ring I need to replace in one of the screw caps. What is puzzling me is the Cyrillic writing stamped on the sides of the bottle. Please bear with me; my machine is not set up for Cyrillic script so I have to describe the letters. They are all capitals as far as I can tell.

On the first side, the letters look like "n0A," with the A sort of wavy. I think that translates to "POD" or "Peode," whatever that means.

The other side has something that looks like "4vW," with the 4 looking very like the 1970s computer character 4, the v actually looking like a truncated square root sign, and the W looking like an equal armed E lying on its back. I think that transliterates to "Cheisha."

While it doesn't really make much difference (I'm planning to put Hoppe's No. 9 in one side and gun oil in the other), does anyone know what the words or letters stamped into the bottle mean?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think one's supposed to mean "Oil" and one "Solvent." That's what they kept in them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think one's supposed to mean "Oil" and one "Solvent." That's what they kept in them.
So my idea of gun oil and Hoppe's No. 9 is about what the Tsar's troops did. Works for me. Next step: find the appropriate pouch for it, hopefully one big enough to hold some patches.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
It'll fit in one side of an ammo pouch. More than likely in a US Army 1st Aid Pouch as well. Billy, vodka went in a 5L Fuel Can...

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
It'll fit in one side of an ammo pouch. More than likely in a US Army 1st Aid Pouch as well. Billy, vodka went in a 5L Fuel Can...
oh,
one must be for olives and the other vermouth?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Grease is -САЛО ТОПЛЕНОЕ; ТОПЛЕНОЕ САЛО; САЛО; ЖИР; СМАЗОЧНОЕ ВЕЩЕСТВО; СМАЗКА; ГУСТАЯ СМАЗКА; МОКРЕЦ; ПОДСЕД
Gun oil is-Без перевода.
Gun cleaner is-Без перевода
Alkali is-ЩЕЛОЧЬ

Rich

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
WELL дЩЕСТВ MY вода ! and call me late for lunch!
you DO know everything rich! :)

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
LMAO!!!! I needed a good laugh. I also need a good lunch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts