Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Is it possible to take the bolt out of an M44 without pressing the trigger? I have an M44 with a messed up trigger.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Nope you can't normaly take the bolt out with out pulling the trigger.
Your saying when you draw the bolt back it comes right on out Correct ?
If so please don't shoot it because the bolt will get bent pretty bad if it hit's your head.
Take it to a Gun Smith...A.H

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking someone put the bolt back in the gun without first making sure the trigger was in correctly. So now I can't pull the trigger or access the screw to take off the trigger assembly.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
You may have something jamming the trigger\sear. Pull the floorplate out and see if you can get to it that way.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You could disassemble the gun and remove the trigger/sear screw, then punch out the pin that holds the trigger on. Then put it all together correctly.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
LaBamba- I see your dilemna!! Let me play with a Mosin, and maybe I can figure out a fix for you.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
What you may have to try is closeing the bolt far enough that the indentation in front of the cocking knob is over the rear upper screw, after you remove the Lower screw, a slim round shank screwdriver at an angle along side that indentation working carefully and you may be able to unscrew the top rear screw as you pull the Lower assembly so as not to raise the screw any higher than it is...then, you can slide your barrel bands forward and remove the Barreled action...
Rich

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Sounds and looks like it would work!

EDIT: I was gone for awhile! Applied this to a M44 of mine and it works if applying downward pressure to the stock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts