Mosin Owners tell me it's OK

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Hog Red, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    does anyone else use the Mosin Nagant as a currency converter? Bought my wife some roses for our anniversary and the first thing that comes to mind is I could have gotten a M91/30 for that.

2. Well your forgetting the possible dividends that bringing roses home could have vs bringing a Mosin home.. Granted the Mosin will last longer and give you more hours of pleasure ;)
    Seeya
    Mark

3. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

I always buy my wife some flowers or something before I bring home or before my next gun purchase comes by way of the BBTOH.
    It helps to soften the blow.She hates it when I buy another gun.She always asks"Why do you always buy guns?Don't you have enough?"and to that I say"because I can and one can never have enough guns".

4. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I am constantly using Mosins to assess value. TV 800 bucks is equal to 8 to 9 mosins!

5. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

Every time my wife gets her hair done,which cost around one hundred dollars or more,I either buy ammo or another gun.

6. Its another dilemma concerning Mosin and Men. I think Mosins are wonderful and so are Roses, but let me paint a mental picture for you,,, guy breaks in your house and you have a Mosin Nagant in the corner and a vase of Roses on your table, don't think your going to grab a Rose and beat him with the thorns but you could use the Mosin Nagant to pole vault yourself into the intruder with both feet into his chest cavity.

7. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Well, Mosins will certainly last longer than roses, so you should have bought her a Mosin instead of roses. Or, you could have bought one rose, and presented the rifle to her with a rose in the barrel sticking out the muzzle. It is a much more sound investment, as you can resell the Mosin for at least what you paid for it. How much can you sell the roses you got her for in a couple years ;)

8. I just bought four new tires for my truck @ $250 each. Let's see now. How many Mosin Nagants would that be equal to. I can't dwell on it very long; it's too painful.

Michael

9. Whoa! It only costs me about $13 to get my hair cut...:lol: But when I do buy something expensive I always think about how many Mosins (or cans of milsurp ammo) I could've gotten.

10. Mosins also last longer than wives...lol

11. Well, I've got more Mosins than ex's. The Mosins and the current gal are all keepers.

12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

But it sort of tips her off. Flowers for no reason means you bought another frigging gun.

13. I always compare a large purchase to the amount of Mosins. But then I start breaking it down into how of a variations. Like this computer cost my 9 91/30's or 3-4 m39's, or 6-7 m44's.