Mosin Pics

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Stewart, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Since I had the camera out for some photos of the Mausers I figured I might as well take some of the Mosins!

From Top to bottom:

91/30
    M38
    Laminate Stock M-44
    Finnish M-39 VKT

Attached Files:

2. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Mosin Pics II

The M-38 and M-44

Attached Files:

3. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Mosin Pics III

91/30 Tula Hex, 1935

Attached Files:

4. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Mosin Pics IV

The 91/30 and Finn

Attached Files:

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice Family Pic's

really nice!!! that M-44 looks like it has a stock reinforcing bolt behind the trigger guard, never saw one like that, any idea why it is???;)

6. Stewart, that's a nice looking family of girls ya got, fer sure.

I like the looks of the laminated 44. I can't recall ever seeing one in person out here.

7. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Thanks, I believe that in the laminates they did put reinforcing bolts behind the trigger area that you don't have in the hardwoods.

8. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

yep,mine has one as well but i don't have means to send pics.-those are all beautiful,the m-39 looks almost identical to mine,even the grain is close.

9. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

Careful, Gentlemen.
    The gun control freaks might read some of this and accuse us of incestuous gun breeding...

That's some mighty fine shootin iron, Stewart.

10. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

O.K., what's with the Gold Star thing?
    I only got one and now my wife's going to think I turned my homework in late or something.

And look at Papa G.......! By golly Sir, you can pull rank on the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and then some!

11. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

Sorry Papa G, but I believe that Dale has more time in grade.....You'll have to be the XO.
    :usa:

12. PAPA G

THANKS FOR THE OFFER JAMES

but if its all the same to you i'd rather play rich guy!!!:nod: :rolleyes: :D

13. I have the utmost respect for Papa......he can be my commander any day.....and that's fer sure, lol.

Besides, I've always been one of those trench guys....I like it out there, he he he he.

14. PAPA G

THANKS DALE!!!

i 'm just another slug, trenchman myself.

just another irregular guy!!! GOT PRUNE JUICE???:rolleyes: :D

15. TERRY8mm

TERRY8mm Guest

BOLT

The stock bolt is fairly common on M44 laminates. Some of them would split from recoil, since the laminations run front to rear and the rear action bolt would act like a wedge.

16. 91/30 pics

Top 1931 hex that I refinished with polyurethane. The wood turned out awesome. It goes from almost blonde to black and I get lots of comments on it.
    Bottom..1926 Tula that has been factory refurbished and unissued. Still has the shellac on the metal for the sling holes. All matching numbers. These are my two favorite Mosins.:)

17. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

Absolutely spendid rifles, rtlesnkesbite.

I'd be embarassed to post pictures of mine after taking a look at those.

But you know, if you were any kind of a man at all, that table would be made out of Russian Birch and covered in a red colored shellac.....

You can see how much I have to offer this forum lately.

Thanks for the photos!

18. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Very sharpe pieces you have there rtlesnakesbite, they are both beauties.

19. Stewart

I couldnt help notice how different the markings are on your 91/30 Tula and mine. Heres a picture of what mine looks like.
    You guys are going to be sorry I ever got a digital camera!:D

20. Stewart

Stewart Guest

rtlesnkessbite, Yes and I see why, it appears that you have one of the early Dragoon rifles which was later converted into a 91/30, that's a nice plus. Check out the links that I have included below, the first has photos of the receiver markings, you will see one that matches yours that is a dragoon. The second link shows all of the Tula and Izzy markings along with non convert 91/30 markings.

http://www.mosin-nagant.net/Russian-Proofs1.html

http://www.mosin-nagant.net/Soviet-M9130.html