Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 40 of 164 Posts
It's because we start out semi-broke and end up broke. If we were welathy... different story.

I have got to budget (yeah, right!).

It's becasue we start out semi-broke and end up broke. If we were welathy... different story.

I have got to budget (yeah, right!).
The truly scary thing, Geo, is that it makes sense.:09:

Discussion starter · #24 ·
OK, I think we've convinced him, poor bastard!
HAHA, yup I have been converted. I have wanted a bolt action rifle for a while and want some cheap optics on it as well. Digging through this forum I keep seeing all these pics and people talking about Mosins. It definitely peaked my interest, so I started reading into them and posted this thread.

I like to buy at gun shows so I can avoid paying taxes, shipping costs, handle the fire arm beforehand, and do a quick and dirty cash and grab transaction.

A sense of humor is mandatory if you're gonna survive here tlarkin! Also you have to acknowledge that I have the best Mosins!:werd:

If you lucky larkin, you'll find an absolute tack driver, like my 91/30, took it to the range yeasterday, my best result, 500 yards, 2in group!!!!!

Heres what I was using and got these results:
Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC reticle
M91/30 1939 Tula

Weather:
Cloudless, 22% humidity, calm winds

this was from the bench with a bipod.

A sense of humor is mandatory if you're gonna survive here tlarkin! Also you have to acknowledge that I have the best Mosins!:werd:
That last part starts out this is no sh-t..In your dreams swede we all know billy has the best ones:lmao:

2" 500 yard group is one heck of a good group!! Congrats! That takes a lot more than an accurate rifle to do that there Mosin! A LOT of target rifles can't do that well.

thanks tex, had a thousand yard range there too, so i tryed my luck again.......:34:, whyed i even bother, threw a long high group, but thats what i get from a best estimate shot from a scope compensated out to 500 yards.

billy only pretends to have Mosins! The are all Enfields. He said so! Besides Geo and Cap'n already admitted mine were the best! Na Na Na Na!

The Dickens you say!!! Mine are better than yours you, you, you, well you just are.:09:

What? No scope? As long as you're gonna modify a 91/30 you might as well go all the way. Didn't I see those for sale at IO?

It's still an MN, and I hope it shoots as good as it looks.:) Thanks for the pic.

OK Steve turn around so I can talk behind your back. I actually have the best 2 Mosins. So dont listen to Steve He's been eating too much lutefisk I think.

What? No scope? As long as you're gonna modify a 91/30 you might as well go all the way. Didn't I see those for sale at IO?

It's still an MN, and I hope it shoots as good as it looks.:) Thanks for the pic.
I bought this as-is. just like I said before I did not even know what I have. Thanks for all the info though. I have not even fire this thing. LOL

ah shut up steve, i dont see your Mosins putting up 2" groups at 500 yards:09::09::09:
nice bubbafied Mosin tonystewartfan.....I like Jeff Gorbon better.
Jeff Gordon came in 9th tonight.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.