Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the range today with my dad (the one behind the camera:34:) mainly to shoot skeet. But we got quite caught up in trying to capture the m38's fireball with his new camera and only 3 out of 194 pictures and 5 videos captured the fireball.

If you look closely a little bit behind the muzzle brake you can see a tiny little flame.

Some Steel cores I collected also a .357 magnum and some Brass cased heavy core 54r (bulgarin, headstamp 10 over 55, yellow tip) which cycled VERY well, and the one on top of those is a copper washed steel core heavy ball.

Some videos
Video of M38 Fireball - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wasen't really trying to aim in this one, I was just shooting for the sake of shooting(and for the fireball).
Video of M38 Fireball no.2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Video of m38 firing - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BTW, The m9130 that have the ler scope on the dove tail did not move when I fired it. also I did not bother sighting it in, I'll save that for another day.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Wow, great videos, Z!

Thanks for the show. You're rather quick on that Mosin as a lefty.:burnout:

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Wow, great videos, Z!
Thanks for the show. You're rather quick on that Mosin as a lefty.:burnout:
I also noticed that right-handed bolt didn't seem to slow you down, zephri. I'm left-handed, but I've always shot right-handed anyway. Doing the little "make a circle with your finger and thumb, bring it in looking through it and see which eye it goes to" test says my right eye is dominant anyway, but I wonder if that might be just because I trained it up to be dominant, by using it consistently.

Thank you for the pics and videos. It's the next best thing to being out there ourselves...

·
Premium Member
30,707 Posts
quote;
BTW, The m9130 that have the ler scope on the dove tail did not move when I fired it. also I did not bother sighting it in, I'll save that for another day.unquote;
thats great news.
it seemed just too easy for it to work.
but i couldnt find a problem.
good deal!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Sweet pictures. Love the fireballs! :):burnout:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
If you want to see a large fireball try using the Czech. 7.62x54r white tip.
It only has a 44.8gr projectile, it's out the end of the barrel long before all the powder burns results in a big flash.
It is good for scaring the .22 plinkers off the range:laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

***********************************************************************************
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Nice videos, and way to crank those rounds. Ya gotta love that (brass) Bulgarian for easy cycling. Did you hit the target, or just scare the heck out of everyone there?:)

Fireballs and big noise are two of the reasons we love M44's and M38's. Noticed you are using an extra butt pad... smart move.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Zepgri that was totaly awsom to me. This is one of the reasons I joined Gun and Game ! The repor, pictures,videos by real life people, not paid gun magazine writers.
That fire ball was something ! And Great pictures and video's too. Thanks A.H

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nighthawk80 I'm shooting at the wilbur wright DNR range In New Castle. It's a free range which is why I go there.

Geo m44 I wasn't really trying to aim In some of those pics, but all of the rounds hit the target back board which is a yard and a half long, Although some of them bounced at the targets feet and hit the targets face:09:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts