Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a '48 Izzy M44 with a yellowish blonde stock.
Rearsenal condition....bore full of cosmo....all number stamped matching....$85.00 OTD from local shop.

Has a very well done heel splice repair and a little repair under the bayonet.

Probably would not of gotten it but it IS NOT counterbored like most of them...bore should clean up to around a good 90%

This will probably be the one that gets shot the most (M44 wise)
I have a wartime M44 in laminate stock that is too pretty to shoot...

This makes Mosin #5 (4 Russian and 1 Finn M39 '42 dated "B" barrel)....

Someone help me please! :eek: ;)

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS! Actually #6 after I opened the safe!

They really DO breed in there! :eek: ;)

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Joe I'm there for you buddy. I'll send you my address via email and you can mail me ALL of your Mosins'. It will take temptation away from you and you can quit cold turkey. It's really the best thing to do. :p

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
ya gotta quit cold turkey, it's the only way buddy. i'm up to helping out a fine soul such as yourself. send em to me, that oughta cure ya good.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! This barrel has turned out to be a very solid 97% at least!

Looks virtually unfired! Strong grooves...shines...no frosting...incredible!

And to think I woke up this morning with buyers remorse! :eek: :D

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
I'd like to help, too.

When the California lottery started, there was a story going around that the state was worried about compulsive gamblers getting hooked on the lottery. So they set up an 800 number. If you woke up in the middle of the night with an uncontrollable urge to go blow money on lotto tickets or scratchers, you could call this number...and they'd give you the location of the nearest 24-hour convenience store.

In the same spirit, I'd like to point out that the Big 5 flyer in my sunday paper this morning was offering re-arsenaled M44's for $69.00.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Owww You guys......
JOE get as many as you want there is plenty...........
You will be fine. just de cosmo the new ones quick and try to give yourself a "drying out time " between exposure to the Soviet Cosmoline.
It has some weird properties to it that cause addiction.

"That Smell! that cosmoline Smell! smells like.......... Victory!!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also feel sick and might be coming down with the Mosin bug. I was looking at my M-39 and I think I have to get a M44 now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mosinitis hit me again just recently when I took my M91 to the range. A gun show is coming this weekend...I may have to get a "fix" soon. I really need a REM or NEW M91.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts