Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across 2 Mosins in 2 weeks that have Finnish Capture stamps
(SA), but were not reworked by the Finns, and were basic Russian 91/30's,
But were priced way more than what a 91/30 should have been. Should the (SA) Stamp make it 50% Higher in price than a standard Russian Round Receiver model ???
Rich
( I turned em both down!)

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
It really shouldn't unless its rarer for some other reason; did you ask the seller why so high?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Then he is a moron or I got a good deal on the one I bought. I got a nice one with the leather sling for 120$ a few years back. I got one bubba with Arshin sights which I would love to restore if I could find a stock for it.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i was thinking, I don't mind paying a higher price for a Finn rework with a Neuhausen or Tikka Barrel, but just an SA stamp on a Russian standard 91/30 doesn't make me want to fork over extra bucks for one !
Rich

·
Registered
49 Posts
Supply and demand kicks in I guess. If you buy a Finnish Nagant from anybody who knows it is a Finn you will pay more. Take your time and look around. Eventually you will find a Finnish Nagant with the SA stamp on it that the seller is unaware of.

If I had a Russian Nagant to sell you, you would pay what the market bears. And if I had a Finnish Nagant to sell you that price would be higher.

Having said that I come across Russian 91/30's occasionally that are not rebarreled and have the SA stamp on them. I usually pass on anything unless it has been rebarreled, unless of course the price is right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts