Mosin Stock Questions

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by SynthMusician, Sep 2, 2010.

1. OK G&G Mosin Owners I have a question for you, let's say for example you have a 1929 Tula you purchased but it sits in a post war laminated stock. here are my questions 1 does that stock lower the value of the gun 2 If so would you buy a proper year stock for it? 3 If not why? 4 Would this Laminated stock be a good candidate for refinishing, since it's not historically correct anyway? What say you oh Masters of the Mosins? Seeya Mark Southern California Mosin Owners; Index page Southern California Mosin Owners Forum

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Guess no one has an opinion

3. Ken in Iowa

Ken in Iowa G&G Evangelist

1 does that stock lower the value of the gun? No. Lots of folks like laminated stocks.
    2 If so would you buy a proper year stock for it? No
    3 If not why? The rest of the rifle is not in the original Dragoon configuration, so why bother.
    4 Would this Laminated stock be a good candidate for refinishing, since it's not historically correct anyway? If you wish.

4. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Ken has pretty much summed it all up proper. I'd say the stock is definitely historically correct. On technicality, it is not period correct as the barreled action itself is pre-war, but as Mosin history has basically stated it is now a correct stock for a refurbed Mosin (since it's not in it's original Dragoon configuration). The stock is yours to do with what you like, but I'd leave it as by refinishing, you're removing all the history and character that was there before. Just my .02.

5. OK thanks Ken and IC, I like the rifle alot, the stock seems to feel a bit waxy however I think that may just be the cosmo in it. I haven't looked for the markings as of yet, but once I get it home beleive me there will be a complete detail of it. Thanks again guys Mark BTW is anyone else having graphics problems with the site here? Some of the buttons are missing

6. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Something must be up. I can't get the Child of pro 360 to work and I hate this red set up, I always switch it. Plain is good for me. How about some pics of these rifles you say you have too :)

7. yeah it's seems to work again..

Well her are the 2 I have and the 3rd is waiting in the vault.

Seeya
    Mark

Attached Files: