Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Mossberg 400 Palomino lever-action .22 a good rifle? There is one at the local gunshop for $325. It's in excellent condition, but that price seems steep. Is it worth it? I have a Mossberg 144, and it's an awesome rifle. I was wondering if the Palomino is considered a good lever-action.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had two of them over the years. Both would constantly break firing pins. The firing pins used to be available from Numerich Arms, but I don't know if there are still any around. From my experience, I would avoid the Palomino.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Price seems high, they are a pretty solid built gun. as to the firing pins breaking I've never heared that before . maybe it it was dry fired too often.thats usually the cause of broken firing pins. --JMJ-- get him down about a $100

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have a Palomino and would not trade it for anything. As a young teen I owned a Western Field That was made for Wards and is the same rifle less the trim. I put many a brick through it with never a glitch. I was luycky to find a Palomino last year and yes I had to replace the firing pin which I got from numrick arms. I also feel that this comes from dry firing. These rifiles will put the round on target as long as you can aim and hold it there. :) Long story short this is a fine rife made by a great company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts