close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mossberg Mossberg 500AT

Discussion in 'Mossberg' started by Knight63, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Knight63

Knight63 G&G Newbie

I just bought a mossberg 500AT for $120 and have a few questions. Is that a decent price? What does the AT mean? Is there a way to find out when it was made?Thanks

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I usually use Auction Arms.Com to get an idea of a gun's worth. I tried for your Mossberg 500AT and nothing came up. However, by using Mossberg 500in my search lots of them were listed with prices.

Here's that link: Guns - All Firearms - The Official Gun Auction Website of the NRA

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

4. Knight63

Knight63 G&G Newbie

Thanks Oxford. Its appreciated.

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The "A" in the AT designates 12 gauge.

6. Knight63

Knight63 G&G Newbie

7. Sounds like you got a good deal. Already Tactical.

8. Daniel.E Marvel

Daniel.E Marvel G&G Newbie

Pa
    Ok without insulting I'd like to correct the man who told you this gun is a tactical shotgun. I myself owns the older AT model. The A stands for 12g and the T stands for target. So in a nutshell u bought yourself a great clay gun. I don't know of any tactical shotguns that comes with a 28 inch barrel with no screw mounts for a rail. I have seen plenty of older tactical shotguns and none of them look like a target gun as this AT model does. However I did convert it to a tactical style with the 18and a half inch barrel with vented spike breach, heat shield, ATI dressed with collapsible butt stock, and tactical bright light. I now keep this one at my bedside with 6slugs ready to go. Truly a great shooter from day one. However I did buy myself a smith and Wesson 1000. 12g Truly a beaut. Semi auto. My new clay gun. Look it up see what u think. Wasn't trying to be a smart *** just did a lot of research on this and needed to share the correct info.

Ten Man likes this.
  9. My Mossberg 500 combo came with black stock, 18.5" barrel and the 28" barrel.

Ten Man likes this.