Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anything about it most of what ive heard has been good it seems like a pretty good .22 rifle bolt action very acurate input please
thanks

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Mossberg makes a solid rifle. If you're short on cash, that's probably they way to go. If you have a bit more to spare, I'd probably invest in a Remington 597, Ruger 10/22, or Marlin.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It isn't a bad gun, but it does have its problems. From what I can tell if it doesn't work properly, then a good cleaning should fix it. I was looking at this gun, but then decided on the savage 64f. It is a really good rifle, and it is only $40 more, but its up to you. You should be happy either way. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i looked at one this christmas, it seemed cheaply made. i didn't like the plastic stock.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I looked at one at Wal Mart today, I think the price tag said 96 dollars.
Not a bad price...A.H

AH your lucky, my walmart has quit selling guns, and they said when their out of ammo. that they are not going to order any more:hitwithrock:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why is that bigbuddy if you know the answer i wouldnt mind hearing it thats actually kind of stupid for them because thats were alot of thiere money comes from

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
one of the assoc. at the sporting goods dept. told me with the ammo. that the new store mang. was anti-gun. now i dont know if thats true but thats what he said.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,354 Posts
The current "Plinkster" is made in Brazil, and is imported & marketed by Mossberg. We Mossy purists don't consider it a true Mossberg rifle.
But, many owners do like them. Light & handy, like the Remmy Nylon 66 of old. A decent little rifle for the price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The current "Plinkster" is made in Brazil, and is imported & marketed by Mossberg. We Mossy purists don't consider it a true Mossberg rifle.
I am new here, and am not up on all the nuances of this world of guns, but your remark here struck a nerve with me, in much the way certain Harleys are not REAL Harleys for some reason or another, or certain Chevy's, Boats, Yo-Yo's or whatever. I am curious, if it ISN'T a Mossberg, by what name should we call it? If Mossberg hadn't imported a quality gun at a reasonable price, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford one, or two now. We bought the 802 and liked it enough to go on and purchase the 702 semi-auto, and both have been a real hoot to plink with. If they had been "real" mossbergs, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford one for the price of both little Mossy's I got.

But, many owners do like them. Light & handy, like the Remmy Nylon 66 of old. A decent little rifle for the price.
But I do commend you for adding this line. They are sweet little guns, and even if they are Mossberg in name only, they are great little guns for the money. As I said, I am new to all of this, and you being a moderator (or THE moderator, I don't know), I feel that you should focus on the positives, or constructive criticisms about a given firearm. To state that any piece is not a REAL such and such because it isn't made in house is not constructive, it is a personal opinion that has no baring on whether the gun performs well, has a great price point, or holds up well.

Just my newbie opinion... with all due respect.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Allydude, Mossbergs have been known for there low prices and good quality. No need to criticize some ones post just because they gave there opinion. If I collected Mossbergs, that bit of information would be good to know. I guess what I'm trying to say is if someones post doesn't help you it might help someone else. I am a newbie myself and I love it here. So welcome and enjoy. P.S. I'm picking up a plinkster on Friday and can't wait!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Allydude, Mossbergs have been known for there low prices and good quality. No need to criticize some ones post just because they gave there opinion. If I collected Mossbergs, that bit of information would be good to know. I guess what I'm trying to say is if someones post doesn't help you it might help someone else. I am a newbie myself and I love it here. So welcome and enjoy. P.S. I'm picking up a plinkster on Friday and can't wait!
Point taken, but the only reason I made the point is because it had not pertinence to the OP's question, and may even discourage him from buying one on the belief that the gun is substandard simply because it was outsourced. Much like other hobbies, I feel these prejudices hurt the hobby/sport as a whole, especially when new people are involved. I'm not saying these feelings don't have a place here, it's just that this thread was not the place. I too like to know where my guns are made, who really makes them, etc.

It wasn't my intention to get into a pissin' match, I intended the post in the most respectful way. I've seen other boards (on other topics) literally destroyed by such remarks of "It's not a real...(whatever)" and I get less than warm fuzzies when someone makes remarks such as this.

So I'll shaddup now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts