Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about buying a used mossy 9200, it has a rifled barrel with iron sights. what would i have to do to get a scope on top of that barrel?

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Fulks13 I own a 9200 and it has a cantilever rifled barrel but you can either have a gunsmith drill and tap the housing or buy a saddle mount.I prefer the saddle mount but it is about $60,about double the drill and tap job.Either one means you have to be careful about the barrel nut on the magazine working loose as this allows the barrel to move and it is separate from sightline changing poi when loose. samuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for the insight :burnout:

new dilemma, would i be better off purchasing this mossy or a winchester 1300 with deer barrel and scope mounts, for about the same price, the downside being that the winchester does not come with the smooth bore barrel as well.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Fulks.13:I would think a smooth bore barrel could be found for about $150 but I never even looked for one.This isnt exact but the blue book gives about $350 value for the 1300 and about $365 to $415 for the 9200,I assume with one barrel.But my personal opinion on it,I like pumps. Someone will give a better opinion. samuel.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have owned both guns you mention and like both. Pick the one you like the most, you can't go wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts