Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I bought a Mossberg
930 semi-auto Turkey shotgun model.

The only differents the turkey has from the other models that Mossberg offers is the shorter barrel 24" and sling studs.

When I got the gun I stepped out in the backyard and fired off 2 rounds.
which was no real test.

Dove season came yet the Doves didn't I did shoot it and checked the pattern useing a full choke and later the Modified and I was very happy to see that it was very accurate for a very affordable semi-auto shotgun !

Well yesterday my friend who has an ffl
and is a fairly good gun smith and I went shooting.
I took the Mossberg 930 where I could do this report.

If any of you all knew me personaly who'ed know I'm a very honest, but kinda crazy person that would not mislead anyone.

This shotgun is Great !!! Funktions smooth and fast, it patterns well with all choke tubes, for some reason I left the improved cylinder choke at home.

It doe's not kick bad at all and very comfortable to aim.
Mossberg did an excellent job on this shotgun I give them an A +

When I got back home I completely tore the gun down to clean and inspect for tooling marks and anything else that might look questionable.

I didn't find any cheapness or tooling marks this is a well made shotgun !!!

I will be buying another barrel because the 24'' barrel is way to loud for my ears and upon checking and to my disappointment they have a 26" barrel but not in matte finish and there all ported.

I wish I could trust one of yall and ship it to the Duck Hunters here at Gun and Game where you could use it against some ones Browning Gold, Beretta or Benneli I feel the Mossberg would kick butt !

In the Mossberg catalog it says it did kick butt in Argantina Dove and Duck hunting where others failed...A.H

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,857 Posts
Hey Arky,
I'd be happy to put it up against my Sx2. Better yet do you know anyone with a flooded rice field down there in Arkansas? I'll come down and go ona duck hunt with ya.

Glad you like your gun. It's scary sometimes diving into something new and unknown.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Jerry it sure is scary, because my money don't grow on trees. I'd love to take you up on the Duck hunt and as you prolly know eastern Arkansas is a hot spot for ducks.
As you also prolly know the fields and bottom land are leased up over there or you can pay to hunt and it ain't cheap. The pay to hunt is probably booked up buy now.
We have a lot of ducks here too "some times" and your likely to pass shot back and forth to others in blinds near by.
I don't duck hunt and would like to take it up some day and I would use the Mossberg.
I for got to mention that the Mossberg 930 I own handles ALL 2 & 3/4 and 3" magnums.
The Mossberg 935 is the 3" to 3 1/2 model...A.H

Pertaining to Rice fields we have soy bean fields, corn fields, sweet potatoes fields, Milo fields, cotton fields, sorgum fields, Winter wheat fields, Hay fields.
This is a Deer hunters paridise unknown to the nation until now.

Thanks Jerry we'll see and if I win the Power Ball I'll have a whole lot of G&G members down here to hunt in Arkansas with all expenes paid. LOL...A.H

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How much are Non resident licens ? And what state do you live in ? LOL
Do I need to go buy Hip waders ?
Do you have Train or Bus station that stops in your town ? I don't fly anymore LMAO
How many days will we be hunting ?
Can I bring HERBERT ? ROFL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts