·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with this rifle?:feedback:

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Owned one, it shot good, excellent rifle for the money.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I put a 4x4 on lay away, last one to go on. Anyways 2 more payments and I'll let you know. All of the write ups are good, accurate,reliable smooth bolt. For the money suppose to be great rifle. The next one will be in 338 winchester magnum, but I have to find another layaway store still looking.
Nice to see Mossy up there in the list now thanks.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I know a couple of guys that have them in .270 Win. who love 'em. They were both bought as knock-around truck guns, but both guys use them as their first-choice deer guns now.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I'm glad to hear Mossbergs rifle line is doing well ! I've seen some well below 300 bucks.
I held one at WalMart and it fits me real good !...A.H

·
Registered
50 Posts
not a very good quality rifle
I heard the synthetic stocks look bad, but shoot great. I bought a walnut stock .308 short action at wal-mart for $315. It doesn't look like a low cost rifle like much of the competition. Matter of fact, it's a really nice looking gun. It shoots great and looks good too and there have been little if any reports of issues with the 100 ATR . The last review I read they were very impressed with both the short and long action versions and said the gun was as good or better than guns costing 2 and 3 times as much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bought the atr-100 bout 2 months ago in 30-06 . it is NOT pretty. but "pretty" has never been my thing with guns . i want it to work when i pull the trigger. and the atr delivers. slaped a hundred dollar scope on it. and it hit the spot i aimed for at 100 yards. very sturdy rifle! for $250 you realy cant beat it . just make sure to get high enough scope rings . mine were to short and it messed with my zero. getin new ones for christmas!!!:burnout:

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I just bought a mossberg atr 100 and was wondering if yall had any recomendation on ammo.
Welcome to G&G and congrats on the new gun! What cal. did you get? FWIW, there is no "one best ammo" that will work in all guns. What you need to do is try as many different brands and weights of ammo in your chosen caliber, as you can afford until you find the one that will hit where you want it to and is of a weight to do the job you want it to do. For instance, if you're shooting at deer, you want to use a bullet that is heavy enough to penetrate far enough to reach the vitals without exploding, but one that will still expand properly. For varmints, you'll want a lightweight bullet that dumps all of its energy as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
jfarirhurst88 type in this site in a search engine SWFA and take a look at all the scopes they sell at very low prices.
I bought a Burris matte finish fulfield from them and I just recently bought a Simmons 8 point from Cabela's 3X9 40mm on sale for 49 bucks I later found the same scope some where else for 44.
I'm putting the Simmons on a 22 mag, rifle.
Check out SWFA if you can't find a scope localey that you can afford.
Keep us posted about your new Mossberg rifle, we need the info please.
Welcome to Gun and Game feller Thanks for joining...A.H

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
well i went back and forth for a week looking at the atr100 and the remington770 and after doing so i picked up me a mossberg atr.270 tonight with a bushnell4x12x40mm scope i got some mounts but in the pictures as you can see i need some higher mounts. i couldnt decide between the .7mmmag or the .270 but the feel of the atr sold me it had a better weight and it felt more solid . the 770 just didn't feel that great.so here is a picture or two of my new kid on the block.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright guys, I finally got a chance to yesterday. This is the most accurate gun I ever shot. At 50 yards we could get the bullet to get through the same bullet hole almost every time. At hundred yards the bullets were no more than a centimeter apart. And to answer your question Arkansashunter,Does it kick, you cannot feel the recoil hardly at all. The recoil pad works great. I definitely recommend that you buy this rifle. You will not be dissappointed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay guys, I finally got a chance to shoot my ATR 100 30-06 yesterday. This gun is absolutely amazing. At 50 yards we could shoot the bullet through same hole almost every time. At 100 yards we got all the shots within 1 centimeter. And to answer your question Arkansashunter, does it kick? You can't feel the recoil at all. The recoil pad works great. This is the only 30-06 I have ever seen that can be shot all day and your arm won't even be sore. This gun is absolutly amazing. I am going deer hunting with it this morning. Any more questions?

1 - 20 of 271 Posts