Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are about 4 for sale at a local shop. Are these any good? I am going to use it for home defense and keep my other shotgun setup for water fowl.

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Mossberg, it is an excellent shotgun.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My Brother bought one of these Maverick pumps. It is, as I would call it a working firearm..functional and rugged. I'd buy one if I didn't already have all my shotgun needs taken care of.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
We used one at camp for one summer. It held up well in the hot sun, firing about 100 target loads each afternoon for two weeks. It never broke down or gave us any trouble. A good basic shotgun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Just a question regarding the Maverick 88 Security.
I only fired about 50 rds and noticed something strange...
The shells were "Sellier & Bellot Slug Sport" and after firing, I were not able to reward the forearm. It was like locked. It appens 3 times on the 50 fired rds.
For some people, it can come from the the shells...
An idea?
Thanks

Pred

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I read about three weeks ago somewhere to give a real hard yank on the forearm and it will open, and too the story said give Mosseys a good cleaning before useing ,because the factory does'nt.
Make sure to press the slide release when you do this.
I may of read it hear, I don't remember...Good Luck. Mike

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Main difference I know of between the Mossberg 500 and the Maverick is the safety. The Maverick's is on the trigger guard, the Mossberg's is on the upper rear of the receiver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

I use my Maverick 88 for "home security" and self defense.
The magazine tube is always loaded (but no shell in the barel).
I want to know if the spring in the magazine could be damaged because I let the shells in (always).
Thanks

Pred

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
good quality springs do not wear out from being constantly in a compressed state. they wear out from being cycled. in other words, your just fine leaving the magazine full.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts