close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mossberg Mossberg mvp patrol

Discussion in 'Mossberg' started by aaplayer, Apr 13, 2014.

1. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Well I hit a local gunshow this morning and on my way back realized that I was passing Cabelas and figured I'd stop in and look around.

Well I took a look at a few things but ultimately decided to use the Cabelas gift card that's been burning a hole in my pocket on a new MVP Patrol chambered in 5.56. I'm just waiting on CT to do its background check on me (read "been standing around for a half hour now because the state claims to have a glitch in their systems so they aren't sure if I'm a terrorist or not")

When I get it home I'll post a picture or two. I had to hold off on a scope for it for now but I took a look at several and will probably end up with a Bushnell Legend 3x9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  2. I wish the Patrol was out when I got my MVP Predator. Good luck with it.

3. jedwil

jedwil G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Please let us know how it shoots. I have an ATR in .243 that's a fine shooter, not very pretty, but my "go to" whitetail rifle.

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Congratulations on your new carbine. We are impatiently waiting for the pictures...;)

neophyte likes this.
  5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Yeah sounds good. Recall Remington came out with a .223 patrol rifle in pump action a while back.

6. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Sorry about the wait. After I got home I got a bit caught up in a few other things and forgot to send pictures for you guys.

If I get really lucky and rush through some of the things I need to get done I may even be able to sneak out to the range this afternoon and give you a range report on it.

I'll post those pics in a minute or two.

7. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

uploadfromtaptalk1397486215766.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397486227855.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397486255829.jpg

GSFixit and neophyte like this.
  8. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Alright well my chances at range time today are shot. But as of now I have Thursday off so maybe then.

ChaZam and neophyte like this.
  9. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Out on the range now. I'll give a full report later but as of now I've put 20 rounds of federal 5.56 down range and 25 7.62x54r from the mosin. A little windy and chilly but still a lot of fun :)

GSFixit likes this.
  10. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Looks good aaplayer. lookin forward to range report.

11. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Alright well about 2 hours at the range and almost 200 rounds down range and I call my day a complete success. Even if it does feel like I got kicked in the shoulder lol.

So the mossberg is a hell of a little gun. I was shooting 6 inch groups at 100 yards with the iron sights and I'm sure a better shooter could out do that. I can't wait to get a scope on it and see how that narrows my groups.

On the other hand I have to admit this is also the first time the mosin has been out (I know I know I'm a terrible person) and that wasn't anywhere near as accurate as the mossberg. But I was shooting without the bayonet and again a better shooter probably could have made that one a lot better too.

ChaZam and MosinRuger like this.
  12. Bvhawk

Bvhawk G&G Evangelist

sooo want that in a 308!!!

13. Check out the Ruger Gunsite Scout

14. Bvhawk

Bvhawk G&G Evangelist

I checked them both out and did some research and checked them out again. I ended up putting the mvp on layaway.

Now I just need ammo recomendations for a 1:10 barrel so I can stock up on ammo.

I guess it's just the way I was brought up, but I do not understand having a rifle without external sights. my luck something stupid would end up happening to my scope right off the bat during an extended hunt.

the ruger gunsite is a quality gun that I struggled hard making my decision.

15. Bvhawk

Bvhawk G&G Evangelist

I finally walked home with my 308. Can't hardly wait to run thru a few box's of ammo.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to ME!!!

MosinRuger likes this.