·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with Mossberg 100ATR Rifle?:feedback:

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
I bought an ATR in .270 for my son, it wasn't a bad rifle, it shot good, and was very nice to carry. It certainly wouldn't win any beauty contests, though!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Their simple construction with floating bolt head gives an inadvertant improvement in accuracy. If their weight, action smoothness, and cartridges of choice are what you're looking for, I'd say they're a good deal for normal use.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
the new marlin XL7 looks very promising and is to be around the same price as the ATR and Stevens 200, Gun Blast had a review on it and it looked very promising

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
I sure like what reviews have said about the Mossberg 100ATR.

Each time I'm near one at the gun store I ask to have a look at it, especially when my wife's around...in hopes that one shows up as a gift in the future.

Gotta let'em know what you want, so they can get the right item when gift buying comes round.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a second year deer hunter from Florida. I occasionally hunt in Alabama and Kentucky. My first year I only used a bow and shotgun, but I am going to buy a rifle this off season for next year. I am either going to buy a Mossberg 100ATR in .270 from a friend of mine or a Rossi single-shot in .308. What would you all recommend?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
I would go with the mossberg. I am a big fan of single shots but not the rossi. If I were to go break action single shot I would choose the NEF handirifle. Seems to be better built.

But between those two I would opt for the Mossy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Go with the Mossberg hands down,Accuracy of most of the el-cheapo single shots is 10 inch groups at 100yds,I have a useless new rossi in .243 and have read about others with the same problem in other brands.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I was looking at Impact Arms... The synthectic stocked/ matte finish 100 ATR's I beleive were $ 277.xx
I wonder what they sell for at WalMart and the Big Sporting Goods Stores.
For those kinda prices you can't go wrong and there good guns.

I just had a thought... I would'nt mind haveing one of these in 223. Lets hope they expand there caliber offering in 2008 like they did in 2007.

The 100 ATR's short actions only are available in 243 and 308...a 223 sure would be nice.
The 4X4 models come in 25-06, 270, 30-06, 7mm mag. 300 win, mag. and 338 win, mag.
A.H

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an ATR in .30-06 because I was in college at the time and I didn't have a lot of money to spend. I got mine with a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 scope.....I figured if my optics were better then my rifle I could upgrade later. Last time I shot my rifle was at 100 yards and I had conistant groups within an inch using factory ammo. I'll agree that this rifle isn't much to look at but if all you're looking for is a good hunting rifle, as I was, this definately fits the bill! You can drag this one thru the woods and not worry about messing it up. You also don't have to worry about whether or not it will deliver that money shot. It's a great rifle for the money!

·
Banned
623 Posts
the new marlin XL7 looks very promising and is to be around the same price as the ATR and Stevens 200, Gun Blast had a review on it and it looked very promising
+++1.... This is VERY good advice. Every review I've read rated it higher than any other entry level bolt gun!

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
I would choose the Stevens 200 over the Mossberg. I went through the same decision recently and choose the Stevens. I'm very happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts