close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Most Accurate 22lr You Ever Owned/Shot

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by animalspooker, Apr 12, 2017.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    I'm sure its been brought up before, but what is yours? Mine is a P22 I used to own (d@mn needy friends) that shot like a dream. Better than I expected it to actually. Have had other that were not worth the time spent assembling them (Sig Mosquito). How about you guys/gals? Remember, we are in the HANDGUN forum.

neophyte and Jaison like this.
  2. Contender 14" match bbl

neophyte, 870shooter1 and Jaison like this.

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

Winchester Model 69A. Another one on the "I never should have sold it" list!

neophyte likes this.
  4. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    yeah, my 'list' is pretty long to GW.
    P.S. - Handguns!!! :)

Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My modified Marvin The Martian Browning Buckmark. Tactical Solutions 10 1/2" Fluted barrel and an NC Star red dot. TS doesn't even make those barrels any more.
    [​IMG]

6. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

I had a Ruger MKll, not the bull barrel or the thin tapered barrel, the one in between.
    I was at the range with friends, they had scoped rifles and were resting their arms on a bench while shooting a 4" metal disc at 50 yards. When I took the pistol out of the case they laughed at me.
    "What are you going to do with that?"
    They quit laughing when I hit it 6 out of 10 standing with the factory sights.
    I gave that one to my brother, he shot it better than me!

ChaZam, rockman7 and Jaison like this.
  7. Jaison

Jaison Fighting for Liberty one post at a time Forum Contributor

Ruger Mark III. Scary accurate with Browning BPR ammo.

TXplt likes this.
  8. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hi Standard Military Model D.

ChaZam, 870shooter1 and Jaison like this.
  9. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My Ruger Standard Model .

TXplt likes this.
  10. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

All of them are accurate. It's usually the one pulling the trigger that's not. With that being said, I have a Browning Buckmark that is right on when I am. My Ruger 10/22 is also very accurate when I'm shooting well. That's all of the .22's I have or want.

jwrauch likes this.
  11. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

An old Ithaca .22 saddle carbine. It is ridiculously accurate compared to anything short of something specifically designed for accuracy. It isn't the most accurate I've ever shot, but it is the most accurate (and least complicated) I've ever owned.

12. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Since this is a post in the "GENERAL HANDGUN" forum I guess that a High Standard Sport King was the most accurate I ever had. It's one of those I should have kept... My little old Heritage Rough Rider isn't half bad for a very cheap revolver. It does great with about any 22 WMR in the Magnum cylinder and with the 22 LR cylinder it likes the lower velocity stuff like the Federal Premium Target which is a 40 grain solid at 1080 FPS.

13. Yep
    Since it has been mentioned a bunch of time this thread is FOR HANDGUNS ONLY.
    I didn't talk about my rifles

neophyte, Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  14. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst G&G Regular

Ruger MKIII 22/45 RP

TXplt and neophyte like this.
  15. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

High Standard Sentinel revolver, 6" barrel, 9 round cylinder. My very first handgun. I used to load 22 Shorts in it and shoot deviled ham cans at 125 yards, from a braced sitting position. It was cool hearing the pop, then watching the bullet arc downrange; then hear the clink of the can. CCI 22LR were even better in that gun.
    Like an idiot, I sold it many years ago. I've looked but never found that same model since then.

16. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    My brothers standard Ruger long barrel would be it.

TXplt and neophyte like this.
  17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Ruger Mark I with the tapered target barrel. Great shooter, but holy jumpin' hannah, what a bear to clean!

18. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Contender, 14 inch barrel, Match chamber, Burris 4 power handgun target scope, federal match gold label ammo,
    Unlimited class, (IHMSA) creedmore position off side of leg, slightly under 1 inch at 100 yards. Shot several 40s with that set up, as well as many prairie dogs to 150.

neophyte likes this.
  19. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I am hoping my new Mark IV will be at least as accurate as my modified Browning, but I do love that Browning's 10 1/2" barrel.