Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you getting your mother/wife for mother's day? It's always a challenge for me since my mom is so picky. I have to get her something she will actually use or else it will sit on her dresser forever or until my sister steals it and uses it. She likes this perfume by Givenchy but I got her perfume last year. Granted it was the wrong scent of Givenchy perfume, but she still uses it. She'd be more than happy with a card with money in it, but I don't feel like that's personal enough.

What ideas do you guys have?

·
Registered
783 Posts
We usually make up a large outdoor flower pot with flowers that she likes. Usualy not ready until a ways after Mothers Day but she knows she will be getting it. So just a card on Mothers day.

·
Premium Member
30,563 Posts
my mom really like chocolates so i always get her see's chocolates toffee
(thats her favorite kind)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
My Mother is no longer liveing. I will buy my wife a box of choclate's and a nice card.
I will cook something she likes on the grill for Mothers day.
She will be treated like the Queen she is.
I will probably make home made ice cream too.
Our son buys great gifts so I'm sure she'll be pleased.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We always have a fish fry for my mom. She really likes to have fried catfish, homemade french fries, a salad, and fresh iced tea. Mmmm.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,024 Posts
Roses this year for Wife (and mom); Flowers for Mom.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm the new Ruger's been cleaned up pretty well after its first shooting (only to verify it works :) )......... Maybe that's an idea as well as the flowers !

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
My Missus keeps reminding me "She" personally didn't make me a Father so I don't need to get her a Mother's day gift, but her no account son I have no doubt will ruin the day by ignoring her yet again. That's alright though because I intend to make her day as special as I have it in my power to do. She deserves it!

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
Well, I figger, now that you reminded me, I better not forget! That ole doghouse gets cold at night!!

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my mom just called me. Seems like she might like it if I came home and that would be gift enough for her lol. It'll cost about 100 bucks with gas.

·
Premium Member
30,563 Posts
a pork chop and a six pack

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
What are you getting your mother/wife for mother's day? It's always a challenge for me since my mom is so picky. I have to get her something she will actually use or else it will sit on her dresser forever or until my sister steals it and uses it. She likes this perfume by Givenchy but I got her perfume last year. Granted it was the wrong scent of Givenchy perfume, but she still uses it. She'd be more than happy with a card with money in it, but I don't feel like that's personal enough.

What ideas do you guys have?
My brother, sister, me and spouses are taking Mom on a riverboat dinner cruise.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
My wife already got a pair of 1\2 carat diamond earrings that she picked out and bought for herself (how romantic), but I've got a few surprise up my camoflauged (sp?) sleeve. There may be a B&B and baby oil involved, but who knows??? :D

·
Premium Member
30,563 Posts
BBQ and baby oil?

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ and ^^ don't put those thoughts in my mind about my mom lol

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Lol, may everyone enjoy Mothers Day with their Mothers, Wives, or Friends or all the above.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Well you know, my wife keeps asking me that. Then I kindly remind her of the $500.00 cash I gave her last week from the sale of a car I've had for like 26 years. Got it when I was 18.
And since, she's bought herself an iPod as well as some iPod accessories. So when she asks, I say, well let's see, so I guess, in reality, I've already gotten you a pink iPod and some accessories to go with it and whatever cash is left, or should I have just waited until Mother's day? lmao

1 - 20 of 40 Posts