Mouseguns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Anybody carry a mousegun ? Like a snubnose .38 Special or .380 ACP or smaller...fess up. :p Why did you pick it ? :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :target:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Snubnose Taurus,polished stainless ported barrel,factory rubber grips. Loaded with 158 gr Speer Lawmen. I don't consider a .38 a mouse gun though. .32 and under is what I consider a mousey.

3. Isn't that a little much to shoot mice with. I think a pellet rifle would work better.

4. NRAJOE

Ha ha ha that was funny...this forum ain't big enough for 2 comedians...you got til sundown to leave then I'ma comin' looking for ya!

5. Man-- It's 10:45 in the evening I am watching saturday night live--cheesy show. Let's try sunup. Never mind I have to be at a store meeting at 6:00 am. And then I don't get off work until after dark. Heck we will work out something. Next full moon.

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Sounds like Alan works for Homer D Poe... those dadgum store meetings at 6 AM Sunday mornings before dealing with 2 million rude customers...My dad said snubnose .38 specials were borderline mouseguns...good nuff for me

7. Klaus

Klaus Guest

I have already confessed to the mouse gun in the Gun Room, and posted a pic. It is very compact and light weight. I was carrying it today in my swim trunks while I was kayaking. I agree that .22WMR is marginal for defence but I think it is still much better than nothing, especially when everyone is certain you are unarmed.

8. NRAJOE

Carried it in your swim trunks? And here all the ladies thought you were just glad to see them.

9. Yes sir H.D. Sounds like you may know something about Homer.
    If you speak Tex Mex you would fit right in. I don't.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2002
  10. Ok JOE you beat me to that one.

11. NRAJOE

Gotta be a quickdraw partmer.

12. jarcp

jarcp Guest

Klaus, I'm assuming you had it in an IWB holster? What brand? Nylon? Just curious.

13. Klaus

Klaus Guest

It was in a pocket. I was wearing boxer type swim trunks that had small pockets. It would have been much more difficult with the bikini type. I will probably have to get me a small fanny pack for my trips to the Live Oak Resort. I think their website is www.liveoakresort.com

14. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

I carry a Beretta 950 25cal when anything more appropriate isn't possible.

15. I carry a Beretta 84 and a Colt Pocketlite. They are as good as your gonna get in .380 cal. Hydrashocks and Silvertips.... Hmmm I sure wouldn't want to get hit with those.

16. Klaus

Klaus Guest

I have an AMT backup .380, that I am happy with.

17. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    foregot about the AMT's didn't they have a .45 long slide at one time? Javelina or something?

18. Klaus

Klaus Guest

They had several .45s. Their 1911A1 type gun was the "Hardballer", and came in long slide versions. The Javalina was a 10mm, I think.

19. MuddyJEEP.com

MuddyJEEP.com Guest

I have a Kel-Tec 9 mil I bought for a CCW......and a P-32...I mainly end up carrying the .32 because of its small size and easy to conceal at the work place....I use RBCD ammo to make up for its small size and 7 shot capacity......

20. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Small enough to be there all the time

:eek: I have a little bitty North American Arms .22 with a separate cylinder for long rifles or magnums...I can either carry it in a belt buckle holster (slow to draw from though) or in a pocket holster...loaded with shot for water moccasasins when I go fishing in the swamps around here :target: