close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mp-5 or clone?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ananab, Jul 17, 2002.

1. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i saw what i thought was a mp-5 today, but was then told it was a hesse arms/hk mp-5. from what i understood, it was partially hk parts, and the rest hesse arms. it was in 9mm, and had a non-working suppressor attached to the barrel (to make it long enough for the law). i was interestes in finding out if there are any other companies that make a clone of the hk mp-5? if so, who and how much do they usually go for? i have a colt ar-15, but i can't take it to the indoor range, and the neighbors have been complaining about the noise lately. i think a mp-5 would be nice, but a clone might be (cheaper) just as nice. any help?

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Special Weapons sells several different MP5 configurations. They sell them in either 9mm or 45 acp. With the way the 'bad' guns are priced these days they are not too bad. The hesse one is a HK parts kit (with enuff US parts to be legal) on a hesse recciever...the rec. is stanless steel tho. The parts kit is $499 and the rec. is $399. The complete guns from SW run from around $1100 to $1700. Good Shooting!

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I've seen the 45 ACP version for barely more than 9mm. If only I had the money for it. If you can afford it, get it now. SW is shifting its focus from civilian sales to military and police.