Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I (let me make this very clear) know little to nothing about these guns, the stamps, the values and all that jazz. However, I've always been told that if you don't have your full auto registered, and the deadline was some time ago, that the gun had little value (like 10-20%) compared to the same gun that is registered. Like I said, I'm just going on what I've been told. I have an acquaintance that claims to have a full auto Thompson, and his is apparently not registered. His asking price was in the $6K range, but I had my fingers in my ears humming because I want to know NOTHING about it!
The picture in my avatar is of me shooting a F/A Thompson. We were shooting our M4s at a local range and one of the local PDs had a Tommy gun they'd confiscated somewhere and lots of ammo. Asked us if we wanted to shoot it.

Ummmmmmm.......yeah !

Surprisingly controllable but not exactly a precision instrument. A hoot to shoot though.

For this thread .....:D
Sam goes into a gun store, stands in the empty shop a few minutes then passes some gas. He looks around to make sure he is alone. A few minutes goes by and he spots a matched pair of "full auto" HK scoped 416's in the case. He is mesmerized by them. He is still staring at them when a the shop owner comes in from the back. The guy askes him: "What is the price of this set of HK's?" The owner replies: Well, if you farted when you looked at them, you are gonna sh** when I tell you the price!

$4500 for a full auto MP5?!?!?!

lol I think you meant $45,000.

That's the going rate for a pre-86 transferable MP5 machine gun for private ownership.

which is ridiculous considering a brand new full auto MP5 costs about $ $2,200-$2,500 in real world pricing for gov/LE/Mil. but thats what bans do...drive up the costs.
Perhaps 4500 to simply hold it for ten minutes. Drool cleanup included !

Also - It would be cheaper to buy a new one and file the sear......just watch the number of rounds you load first.....berry berry dangerous.......

I (let me make this very clear) know little to nothing about these guns, the stamps, the values and all that jazz. However, I've always been told that if you don't have your full auto registered, and the deadline was some time ago, that the gun had little value (like 10-20%) compared to the same gun that is registered. Like I said, I'm just going on what I've been told. I have an acquaintance that claims to have a full auto Thompson, and his is apparently not registered. His asking price was in the $6K range, but I had my fingers in my ears humming because I want to know NOTHING about it!
This is correct. They have almost no monetary value because of the federal charges they carry with them. The feds murdered Randy's wife and son over a completely legal shotgun barrel, what do you think a non-registered full auto will cost the person in possession?

Don't forget, too, that in 1993 they murdered 25 children and 76 adults over the mere suspicion of there being "illegal weapons" on a private residence.

Edit - I forgot to reply to the original post! That's really neat. I've wanted one, but it's hard to justify when they cost the same as a down payment on a house.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.