Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally recieved my meat from the butchers, it is some tasty stuff for a big old deer. I can't share the meat with you all so I thought I would share a couple of pictures. In the one pic. is my part time hunting partner.. my wife, she always spots them a mile away but she doesn't enjoy the hunt like I do.
I am wondering how heavy most of your muley and whitetail deer weigh in at, south of the border. This guy was about 350Lbs. but bigger than most for around here.
It was 4 point (one side) season for mule deer here and I saw lots of antlers smaller, was getting a little distraught until the wife picked this guy out at 180- 200 meters.
I blinked and recounted the points about 7 times before taking him with my 7-08, one shot and he went back to sleep (had woken up but was still bedded down).

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks to all for the congrats, Hope everyones Christmas has been as good as mine, I was given alot of new hunting gear... woo hoo!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Thanks to all for the congrats, Hope everyones Christmas has been as good as mine, I was given alot of new hunting gear... woo hoo!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!
Merry Christmas to you too! :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the congrats but no-one has told me about deer weights for your areas. I watch all the programs on Outdoor T.V. but I want to hear from the real people.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Thanks again for the congrats but no-one has told me about deer weights for your areas. I watch all the programs on Outdoor T.V. but I want to hear from the real people.
My stepson just shot a nice whitetail buck that dressed out, pegged a 160 lb. scale before we even got him off the floor. I figure a live weight of around 225-250 lbs. The doe I shot on the last day of the season last year dressed out to around 180 lbs., but she was a rarity around here.
My first doe this year was around 90 lbs. dressed and the last one was around 110-120.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Great deer. I'd be running down to the taxidermist right now!

Nice hunting partner too Is that really the wife or some model you used to impress us?

Looks like you got two trophies.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting the mount back in a few months, my guy takes his time, right now I have the antlers on my computer moniter until he gets the hide back from the tannery. I have to wait for 60 days for the antlers to dry but thay scored 183 1/8 rough B/C, if his main beams would have been as long as the rest of the tines it could have been one for the books. The taxidermist said that he was so old his antlers had began to shrink, I should have found him a couple years ago.
As far as the wife, I'm a lucky guy.. she looks way better in real life too. The taxidermist offered a mount for that trophy as well.. I said no!
Very proud of both.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:feedback:

Was going to start a new thread but thought I might as well revive an old one.. see Billy, I read your stuff and take it into consideration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts