Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my FAVORITE person a multi tool for Christmas. I'm thinking the Leatherman Skeletool CX because it is lightweight, has a pocket clip and the blade metal is better than the plain Leatherman Skeletool. Does anyone have any experience with this one, or maybe a better suggestion?
Finger Auto part Metal Tool Font

Registered
I have a few multitools. One is a full on full featured Leatherman and it does everything but it IS heavy. Not for EDC. What I REALLY find interesting about the one you mentioned is that it has a pocket clip and is light enough for EDC. Now I'm interested! Is there a model number or is it just Skeletool CX? Santa might have to know about this!!

Registered
I've got a standard full size SOG Multiplyer, a old Victorinox Craftsman and their original Swiss Champ.
The Craftsman I carefully chose and used it for daily stuff as well as a trail tool while hiking and hunting.
It's semi retired and the SOG tool is it's prime field replacement and the Swiss Champ is my EDC pocket tool kit.

Wonderment :)
information:

SKELETOOL庐 CX
An ultra-light, full-size multi-tool with a knife blades made with premium 154CM steel.
4.4 out of 5 Customer Rating

$79.95
SHIPS FREE

Leatherman Skeletool Multi-Tool

$64.99

Premium Member

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chef? The CX model is a better steel and the blade is not serrated. Also, it is supposed to be easier to sharpen and supposed to maintain its edge better. The non-CX (justSkeletool) is serrated and supposed to be a poorer steel. I am not a fan of serrated blades.

Premium Member
I have a leatherman but I'm not sure of the model. It is in my bag out in my truck. It is a cheaper one. MidwayUSA had some kind of promotion going one time, buy $$ amount and get this one for $$. It is an actual leatherman though. I also bought an Ozark Trail from Wally World. It was a$4.99 special. It's in a bag in my work truck. I never got used to having one and using it so I can't give much of a review of either.

Premium Member
Personally, I prefer a Gerber multi-tool. They open easily with just a snap of the wrist instead of trying to open it like a butterfly knife. Carried it all through my military career and its still going strong.

Premium Member
I'm buying my FAVORITE person a multi tool for Christmas.
Oh mercy, I should probably PM you may mailing address then. LOL

Seriously, I know nothing about that tool, but it does appear to be a well thought out product for everyday carry.

Premium Member
Is there a model number or is it just Skeletool CX?
Perusing the Leatherman website I think it is this model.
Most likely their website and other websites might have this deeply discounted through the end of the year.

Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
I have owned many different multitools in the past few decades, but never found one I truly liked. The few useful ones are too heavy. Cheap to expensive, they don't impress me. So I still carry a pocketknife, and when I need a tool I open the toolbox.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have owned many different multitools in the past few decades, but never found one I truly liked. The few useful ones are too heavy. Cheap to expensive, they don't impress me. So I still carry a pocketknife, and when I need a tool I open the toolbox.
That's how I've always been too Big Dog. Keeping my fingers crossed this time.

Registered
I'm buying my FAVORITE person a multi tool for Christmas. I'm thinking the Leatherman Skeletool CX because it is lightweight, has a pocket clip and the blade metal is better than the plain Leatherman Skeletool. Does anyone have any experience with this one, or maybe a better suggestion?
View attachment 169931
I was given a Leatherman probably 15-20 years ago and it sits in the console of my truck and has never been used, but every time I see it I think about my good ole friend Roger and some of the good times we had over the years before he got cancer.
I have an equally old Gerber mulititool that I carry in my hunting and bug out bags and have used it countless times. I too prefer the way the pliers work on the Gerber. I picked it up at Wally World for $5 in their clearance aisle after Christmas. I wish that I bought the whole box of 25 (or so) and given them as gifts to my friends.

Spooker sir, you can't go wrong with whatever you choose for your Favorite friend. I'm sure they will appreciate the gift and think of you every time they use or see it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts