Mushey sear release cure?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rex in OTZ, May 12, 2008.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

I have found allot of free-play in the striker/bolt-sleeve , when the bolt is cocked the sear drops down the striker wobbles down and eventually the sear pulls free od the striker
    just slightly putting pressure on the trigger causes the back end of the bolt to move down with any pressure, the problem is the mushey sear release, this is the same with Mosin model 91's I have and this Carcano model 91.

2. Minionsram

Minionsram Guest

well with most surplluss firearms, they were rushed into production and some have casting and machining flaws. Does your hammer or sear look abormally worn, Is there any shiny/dull spots. Also how is the bolt fitting into the reciever, does it wobble or have too much play in it? If the firearm has been cycled / shot alot it may have worn past tolerances to be safe.

Inspect the bolt, carrier, reciever, lugs, hammer and the sear for abnormal wear, slowly cycle the bolt and make sure everything is meshing up like it is susposed to. it may be time to build up some parts and re heat treat them or just buy more new "tactial" parts.
    Oh and don't take this the wrong way but i have seen it before in other firearms alot, But Is the firearms sear and hammer CLEAN? and does it have GREASE on the functioning parts? If there is any hardnend grease on the parts it will make the sear prematurely slip off the seat notch.

3. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Thinking of some sort of way to take up the slop without, without welding