Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these stocks? How do they fit? I understand there is some shaving needed for smooth operation? Is there any thing about these stocks that would turn you away from buying one?
My gun is used for plinking and varmint hunting. Please let me know if you have any issues with this stock. I think its fit may be kind of nice for my style of hunting.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,339 Posts
No experience with this particular unit, but here's my views as a Bullpup sortof guy (see my avatar pic):

Biggest gripe you'll have will be the trigger. Bullpups must use a long linkage, and they are never as crisp and light as a standard stocked rifle. Some tricks can make them better, but it'll still seem klugey.
Next, the magazine is harder to install/remove. Takes some getting used to.
Third, sights! Most bullpup sights are not conducive to high accuracy.
Fourth, with the centerfire anyways, you get a lot of powder fumes right into your nose. You learn to hold your breath between shots.

Bullpups are a different kind of critter, for sure. Very different ergonomics. I like them for what they are, just don't try to make it what it isn't!

Over on RimfireCentral.com, Chief Dave a few years back made up a bullpup 10-22 using this stock, and reamed out the barrel channel for the fat target barrel. He liked it.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Most people hate these stocks and are sorry they ever bought them. From breakage to unreliability to everything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
+1 to all the above. I tried one on my mini-14 and besides the crappy trigger, your face is so close to the muzzle you can actually hurt yourself. I blew a lens out of my glasses (didnt break thank god) and ruined a 300$ pair of frames. Aviod them like the plauge

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
I wasted my time and money on one once,piece 'o crap!:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts