Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, apparently my grandfather bought this for me soon after I was born, which makes the shotgun about 20 years old. He gave it to my dad and told him to give it to me when I turned 16. Well, he coincidentally didn't give it to me. I didn't know that my grandfather ever told him to give it to me until last year though -- I just always thought it was my dad's gun. I'm sure the reason that he didnt give it to me was that he was afraid I'd hurt myself or something. Anyways, I've asked my dad if I can take it to the range next time I go. Basically, it's mine now. It hasn't been shot in 16+ years for sure. I took it out of it's case though and man, it's gorgeous! Glossy stock with beautiful trim. It looks like it came straight out of the box. Not even 1 micro scratch on it. I can't wait to shoot it. Anyone else have one of these or have any word on them?

·
Registered
182 Posts

You have one of the most bought and used autos sold in this country.
Your Grandfather gave you a terrific shotgun.
Best part is you have one from an era when they were much fancier and pretty. I believe better made back then.
I love mine. I also have the 870 pump and another 1100 Trap Version.
You might want to spend some time learning how to properly clean the 1100.
If not done properly it will jam. Pay special attention to the O ring...in fact you may want to replace it in a gun that has sit that long.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I need to get around to replacing my O-ring too. I have one with which I have a love/hate relationship.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have a love-love relationship with my 1100. Love the way it looks and love the way it shoots.

IMO the Remington 1100 is the classic best-looking gun that the average guy can afford.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts