Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,312 Posts
is it the first shot it likes to throw down and left?

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I have one in original work clothes my father bought out of Raritan Arsenal still have papers . Wouldn't part with it for any amount of money. And yes, it is quite accurate even with poor eyes, shoots better than i can see. Hang on to it, a true treasure of a rifle far as i'm concerned. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one in original work clothes my father bought out of Raritan Arsenal still have papers . Wouldn't part with it for any amount of money. And yes, it is quite accurate even with poor eyes, shoots better than i can see. Hang on to it, a true treasure of a rifle far as i'm concerned. Congrats!
thanks ! It is a 1942

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thank you ! it came from the factory with the dovetails for the scope bases, didnt have any sights at all It could be a 1903 A3A4 because I can still read the serial nunber with the sig sauer scope and mounts on the rifle

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Great old rifles. I Have built a few using salvaged demilled rifle receivers. Still have an o3a4 semi-clone using a vintage weaver K4 scope. Its a tack driver. wish I had bought an original back in the day but they

·
Registered
397 Posts
my high # 03 springfield in 3006 that I fell in love with at a public auction and had to have. before the auction I looked it over and found it had a ex bore and had very smooth working action. the work was high class and who ever did the work knew what he was doing, I felt it was gem and was surpized that I got it for 350.00, a steal in my mind.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my high # 03 springfield in 3006 that I fell in love with at a public auction and had to have. before the auction I looked it over and found it had a ex bore and had very smooth working action. the work was high class and who ever did the work knew what he was doing, I felt it was gem and was surpized that I got it for 350.00, a steal in my mind.
nice rifle ! $350 was a good cheap price

1 - 20 of 49 Posts