Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Many Military rifles of the World Wars are "Mix Masters". Parts were traded and later replacement parts did not match. These weapons are never as valuable to collectors as those of all original matching parts .
Very true Jim. So glad I held onto my dad's 98k brought back from Europe. So lucky he snagged it from a building apparently being used to store small arms the Germans retreated from in the town. Matches bolt and all even has the sling still present. Great keepsake for free!! Was glad to hand it over to me finally many many years back after he knew I would not swap it for that 10/22 I was always asking for!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Very true Jim. So glad I held onto my dad's 98k brought back from Europe. So lucky he snagged it from a building apparently being used to store small arms the Germans retreated from in the town. Matches bolt and all even has the sling still present. Great keepsake for free!! Was glad to hand it over to me finally many many years back after he knew I would not swap it for that 10/22 I was always asking for!!! LOL
That is a great post, Thanks. I have a WWII"Papa Nambu" and Tropical holster brought back by a cousin.
The Guns captured by a GI were not "Ground off" as were surrendered guns. My Nambu was captured the receiver details are in tacked.
IMG_0320.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
I have a couple guns appropriate for this thread. One is the CZ27 WWII bring back that my DAD gave me. The other is an 03A4 clone that I built from an O3A3 salvaged drill rifle receiver and parts sourced off ebay and Gun Broker. It's a tack driver>> 3/4 inch 4 shot groups @ 80 yds
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
21 - 29 of 29 Posts