my 1903 A3 springfield serial # comes to be a 1942 remington

15K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  geral ray johnson 
#1 ·
old and sweet rifle ! I hunt with it , sig sauer scope
Gun Shooting sport Benchrest shooting Shooting Airsoft gun

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Geral those actions are nice and nice hunting rifles for big deer sized game. I have one I bought and has been drilled and tapped with Weaver bases. Also has a custom wood stock. I also built a sporter a few years ago on a receiver I had from years ago. I have drilled and tapped so many receivers before but that was the hardest one ever. I had to try twice to use a pinpoint torch to spot anneal the metal to be able to get drill bit to work. I went through several bits in the process. They have a very hard heat treating and many gunsmiths dont like doing them around here. I recently saw a few new old stock barrels yesterday from Sarco. The barrels alone from them are $250. Hard to find barrels. I found mine at a military show and did my build with it. They made the barrels in two groove and four groove. Nice rifles and you should have many years of hunting out of yours.

#8 ·
Nice rifle and good to see your putting it to use. I've got a weird 1903, its a '42 Rem. but, it has a 1903a3 barrel and stock set. Handguard, barrel band, bayonet lug and all. I started to put it back to all 1903 but, a barrel, stock set, sight collar, and sight was gonna be very expensive.

#14 · (Edited)
Canidae Fawn Tail Pointer
Target archery Pink Circle Recreation Shooting sport

I shoot 180grn round nose , at 2710 fps. much more accurate than the 150grain shot at 2910 fps ! my bullet impact hole is at the top of the nickle at 100 yards . this was the final adjustment on my sig sauer scope . exit wound ! I shot this cull buck below his left eye . his horns never grew. I watched him for almost 3 years

#26 ·
I have a couple guns appropriate for this thread. One is the CZ27 WWII bring back that my DAD gave me. The other is an 03A4 clone that I built from an O3A3 salvaged drill rifle receiver and parts sourced off ebay and Gun Broker. It's a tack driver>> 3/4 inch 4 shot groups @ 80 yds
Brown Tan Bag Peach Leather
Brown Tan Leather Cuisine Dishware
Gun Trigger Shotgun Air gun Machine gun

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.