close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My 1911's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I just wanted to kick this forum off by saying I have just aquired two original Swenson .45ACP 1911's!

Jesse

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Cool Jesse, do you know when they were built? I have a new Springfield LW Champion,and a series 70 Colt Gov. with a .460 Rowland kit.

3. Jesse

I'm not sure, I own a Govt. C-series colt and a series 70 Commander. Both are original Swensons w/stamp and his "markings" all throughout the pistol. I really like a lot of .45 ACP's... the Glock 30 and Ruger P-90/97's come to mind... but I honestly have to say, I've never shot anything like a Swenson .45ACP. It shot 230ball so accurate that I thought I must be dreaming. They are superior customized weapons from a legend in gunsmithing. I'll post pics someday...:cool:

4. At the present time I have a Kimber Custom Classic, I love it dearly. My next .45 ACP will be the CZ97. Its not a 1911 but can be carried Cocked and Locked.

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I carry my 1911's cocked and locked.

6. marcus

marcus G&G Newbie

Hello Jesse,

Woud like to see pic's of your 45's.... when you get a chance. I have a few WWII GI 45s. One 1917 Colt 1911, a Colt series 70, and a project 45 - "In the works". I came across a NM - mid 60's slide a few months ago. Someone had a Bomar sight milled into it. They did a nice job. I am installing it on a Remington Rand frame that I just happened to have. A friend of mine is a gunsmith of 40 years. He is doing the fitting and trigger job. Should be a fun gun at the range when we get done with it.

Best Regards,

Marcus

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Hey Guys, What do you think is the optimal recoil spring (lbs.) to use on a Colt Gold Cup (new) with a Wilson two-piece FLGR 'Group Gripper' with a shok buff. I plan on using just standard ball, 230 fmj at around 850. Thanks and Good Shooting! Eric

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    if your shooting factory 230gr. fmj, go with the 16# or maybe a 15# spring.

9. knuckles

knuckles G&G Newbie

i own a 1911 model colt 45 , last patent mark said 1911 u,s government model stamped
    has dark blue finish , how much would it be worth

10. Eric, As to your recoil spring question, Colt uses 16 1/2 lb. recoil spring in all current 45 ACP 5 inch guns. If you shoot a lot of ball and hotter loads, you can use an 18 1/2 lb spring, which will work fine with most loads.

11. I'm using 18 1/2 pound springs in my Gold Cups and have no problems with anything from government issue ball to the hottest loads. I just sold an old Combat Commander in which I had a 21 pound spring. It too never failed to perform flawlessly. I also just sold a King custom Government Model that we tested showing 22 pounds. It performed well with all but the very light loads.

12. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

SO JESSE HOW ARE...............

them swensons???:D :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

13. DocCombat

DocCombat G&G Newbie

FBNC
    I have a Remington Rand 1943 produced US Army M-1911A1. A Colt US Army M-1911 produced in 1913 all original. A Stainless Colt Combat Commander MK IV series 80 that is my carry pistol. And a Colt 1991 with adjustable Bomar sites. And lest we forget a M-1917 Colt but that is a big wheel gun, not a ACP. And as you can tell I'm a Colt fan having grown up in Hartford as a kid I used to look up at the Colt on top of the dome of the old Colt building every day.... Before it was sold at auction.

14. Jesse

Here's a pic of my Swenson 1911...

Attached Files:

15. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Nice Jesse,are those Ivory grips?

16. Jesse

Stag... got them before the India embargo...

17. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

JUST BEAUTIFUL........

ain't nothing else to say:D

18. wes

wes G&G Newbie

19. Jesse

Thanks guys, I really like my Swenson 1911's. I have never held a 1911 that performed like these...

20. jimodee

jimodee G&G Newbie

swenson commander

I have a swenson colt combat commander..it is definately a sweet shooting piece