My 1960 1894 Winchester !

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by kansascoyote, Sep 25, 2010.

1. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I double posted disregard of delete this one .

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Well fellas I scored this one yesterday ! It as the title says is a 1960 example . I have always just wished I could even hold one of these ! NOW I OWN ONE !!
    I bought it from a friend of a friend whom had inherated it and his wife said ohh heck no not in my house ! I ask what he wanted for it he said $75 at the time i didnt know it was a pre 64 . I just figured a good 4 weeler gun for yotes . I checked the guys story out so I know its on the up and up . It seems his ex-father in law willed them to him and had passed by his own hand . He had stage 5 cancer I guess .
    Anyway I added my lunch in the photos . If you notice a G&G in mustard and a KC in mustard on the tomatos .
    I am a dork its 1894 dang I been reading the blue book and my mind went senior I guess .

We miss ya mike, hunt the tall grass ol' buddy .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    if its an 1890, it was made long before 1960. the last 1890 winchester left the factory 20 previous to that. if its in decent original condition, you might think twice about making it a 4 wheeler gun. absolutely destroyed broken rusted disfunctional 1890's go for more than $200. in decent original but worn condition, they normally bring between $500 and $800, with pristine examples going for several thousand. if oyu want to post the ser# i can look thru the book and find when it was made.

4. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    now that the pics showed up, thats not an model 1890. 1890's are slide action 22's! LOL

5. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Yea lefto I have one of those too in 22 short only the gallery model . It was made in 1927 .

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    congrats on the model 94, hard to beat it for what you paid!

7. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Nice rifle there KC! I changed the title and merged the 2 threads for you. Wonder how long before one of the mosin fellas suggests you could have gotten a mosin nagant for just a little more money???

8. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

LOL now that would be funny ! ROFLMAO !

Hey wait I am a mosin guy lol . But im not a fool ! LOL

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Very nice indeed !! And at that price, I am jealous.

10. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I am still holding it and looking at it . I contemplated sleeping with it but the wife said " umm no" . I got up this morning and found 3 yoties in my pasture eating a calf that died of the scours . The old winnie got to streech her legs and she did a fine job of disbatching the big female of the bunch .

11. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

KC. I was going to delete the first of the double posts for you but it deleted the entire thread. When I put the thread back the pictures were gone. Sorry about that but it looks like taking the first post out takes the thread out and you might want to reload the pictures. Again, sorry, just trying to clean it up for you and learned something new...

12. You know you could have gotten a Mosin for that. Sorry couldn't resist. Nah, I think I would have went for the pre 63 94.