My '42 and '43 SA Garands

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DaveTinNY, Jun 7, 2002.

1. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Guest

A little better picture of them than the first one I posted. The darker SA is my '42 (777240) and the lighter one, which I refinished, is the '43 (1550195)... The rear handguard on the '43 is a replacement from Fulton Armory. Came out ok. :)

Dave T

Attached Files:

2. Hey Dave--

Good looking Garands-- how do they shoot?

Ltcboy

3. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Guest

Thanks, Itcboy... The lighter colored '43 shoots like a dream. I have yet to get out with the '42... I can see it's got a bit more muzzle wear than the '43 which is still pretty tight.
    Just spoke to my dad last night who will pick up his NJ gun owner's pwermit from the state police today... :) We'll be shooting together in July at a 100/200/300 yard range in northern NJ.
    Can't wait!!

Dave T

4. You should see the M1 I just bought. Its 100% correct and it shoots like a charm. Its a SA from '45 with a gorgeous stock. I am very excited about taking it out again.

5. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Guest

Post a pic of it if you can!

6. Guess who I got it from----!!!???

Lets put it this way the stock was a patient of "THEE DOCTOR"

7. SteveG

SteveG Guest

Dave T,

When/Where were you an Air Force Firefighter?

Steve G in NE

8. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Guest

Hey Steve G -

Sorry I haven't replied to your message sooner.
    I'm assuming you were in Fire Protection too...
    I served from 1983 to 1987, from '84 to '87 at Moody AFB in Valdosta, Georgia... Waaaaay down south, lol.
    347 Tactical Fighter Wing. I loved the job and was Rescue Qualified as well... Dealt mostly with F-4s but when I was short we were transitioning over to F-16s (which I eventually saw on CNN during the Gulf War! I was proud of them).
    I'd be a firefighter now in NYC if I didn't have Rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and left elbow... That made me change careers in a big way. Anyway, I'll always be a firefighter at heart.

Dave T :)