Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this off a guy on gunsnet...1938 Tula 91/59! $107 shipped.

Now to find my 91/30 Hex....:eek: :D

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,060 Posts
Nice "Noisy-Nagant", NRAJoe!
I had a 91/59 a few years back, in unissued condition and looked unfired since it's conversion. I didn't care for the recoil, and suffering a case of temporary stupidity, I sold it. Now I gotta M44. ;)

You have the beginnings of a good Mosin collection going. :cool:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Until I see this one when it comes in, my fav is still my laminated M44...BEAUTY! :D

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Ive considered the moisin, but all I need is another different caliber weapon, ive got so many different calibers, you know the story, ive been tempted, but having to through down more bucks for more ammo, is keeping me away, ill probably just get one because they are dirt cheap right now so what should I buy m-38 m-91 or m-44

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I really like my m-44, but the 91/30 is pretty cool also.
Better yet get all three and they could share ammo.

If I had to pick one it would be the M-44.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 7mmag6
ill probably just get one because they are dirt cheap right now so what should I buy m-38 m-91 or m-44
Since they are dirt cheap buy the M38 AND the M44...good start! Have maybe $100 altogether with shipping :D

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
I personally like the 91/30. People either complain or are enthused about the huge flash and recoil of the Mosin carbines. The longer barrel both reduces flash and recoil. I am very happy with mine.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The longer barrel also puts about 300 fps on the bullets velocity
I have a m91 finn a m44 soviet
and a fully engraved mosin nagant.
they all shoot quite well.
I like both but for serious long range shooting it's the M91 finn (1942 Tikka)
it was unfired when I got it about 15 years ago.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am making half/half payments on the above gun. The guy got my C&R license and half payment yesterday...he e-mailed me and said he'd trust me for the rest and he's mailing the rifle out today! Should get it tomorrow or Thur. at the latest! :cool:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Originally posted by Dennis
The longer barrel also puts about 300 fps on the bullets velocity
I have a fully engraved mosin nagant.
i wish i could see that one;)

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
91/59 showed up today....USPS just left it on the porch! Dumbarses! She's a beauty! No accessories though...gotta dig up a Mosin sling.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,060 Posts
Joe, check out InterOrdnance. I got a couple nice leather Mosin Carbine slings from them - complete with dog collars. :cool:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Its a tough chioce but I would pick the 91/30 over the M44 for the reasons Battlerifle said and the longer sight radius. I seem to be able to hold it steadier.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Big Dog
Joe, check out InterOrdnance. I got a couple nice leather Mosin Carbine slings from them - complete with dog collars. :cool:
Will do! :D

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
my overall favorite is my '42 SAKO m-39. I am also lusting after an m-38 as well. Like a D/A, I passed on a beautiful 91/59 for $129.00 from Big 5 because it was too expensive. I then paid $109.00 for my m-44 (it is a beautiful laminated '44 model and came with 20 rds. though).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey fella's, I'm just a little curious, where does the mosin nagant originate from, and what military era are they from, and calibre and stopping power are we looking at, cause I've seen them for sale over here, "as new" whatever that means for $150.00 Aus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts