close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Dad at the range

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DaveTinNY, Jul 10, 2002.

1. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY G&G Newbie

So my father finally got out to the range yesterday in northern NJ with his CMP SA 1944 M1 that I gave to him for his retirement. It took about two months to get the permit/ID that NJ requires for gun ownership but he got it. I'm pleased to say that he said his M1 functioned flawlessly and that he put 46 of 48 shots in the black, 8s and 9s, at 100 yards (he was zeroing it in). He said his best group was less than 2". Not bad for a guy who hasn't shot an M1 of his own since his Army days in 1962. :)
    I can't wait to get out there with him with my '42 and '43 SA M1s! The facility also has 200 and 300 yard rifle ranges so it should be really fun to test ourselves.
    Maybe I can get some pictures of us out there on the range to post here. We'll see.
    Dave T :)

2. Thats pretty cool when you can do these things with your Dad. I hope the both of you shoot together for many years. Don't ever take it for granted.

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Now that is why I am into collecting, to hear stories like this are worth more than anything else. I hope he has many more years of enjoyment with you and that M1. Rick B

4. Two months to get a Permit !!!!!!!!!! ???????????
    Ya'll better move to Texas NOW!
    Wait. Im sorry. You must have no crime in NJ, since the criminals by law have to register their guns.

5. M1rifleman

M1rifleman G&G Newbie

your'e lucky your'e dad shoots the M1.....my dad doesnt like it but thats him ......so lucky