Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it was thanksgiving week i go hunting after the family eats on thanksgiving. well thursday afternoon i went and sat in my stand and didnt see anything. Friday morning at about 7:30 i heard some grunting so i grunted back and about 5 minuates later i saw this nice 11 pointer comiing out of the thicket about 20 yards away and stoppped in the worse place for a shot. so he was standing there staring at me then i put my gun to my shoulder and put it on his rack and it waas a pretty 11 pointer. so a minuate or two goes by and hes still standing there looking at me, then he starts blowing at me so i figured i better shoot or hes going to run off so i put the cross hairs on his neck and pulled the trigger and he took off and started blowing again off in the distance and when i got down to loook for blood all i found was a big hole in out of the pine trees he was behind. It was a tuff weekend.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,839 Posts
Was the scope off? Sorry to hear that. My brother had a problem with the scope on his slug gun. Needless to say, that scope met Mr. hammer when he got home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the scop was off it was high i shot it when i got back to camp i was so mad it almost met mr hammer. he was a wall hanger

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Last year I emptied my leveraction at a monster Buck and never even hit him, he was about 45 yards.
I had shot this rifle before season opened and it was zeroed in.
After the Buck ran off I was standing where the Buck had been standing and then another Monster Buck steps out even closer and I shoot 2 rounds at him and he runs off to see another day.
Some how the scope had gotten way off...Happens all the time to shooters...A.H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts