·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,216 Posts
That looks jolly good old boy...

I've been wanting a U.S. Property one myself...
Have an Irish contract No.4 MkII and an Ishapore 2A1 in .308...

Have fun shooting her....

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks joe i think this is my favorite milsurp... at least most of the time. oh and i do have fun shooting this lil darlin!

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx JR i didnt do anything to it. black walnut maybe?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I really should know ... I`m ashamed I don`t know more about a rifle that has such a big part in my countries history.. It`s rare as rocking horse poop to see one with as nice as wood as that here..

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
:09: i guess im used to looking at it. it does have beautiful wood! this thing is a joy to shoot. i really like the action and the fully floated barrel and i guess thats a 2 stage trigger? its in my office lookin at me right now. rocking horse poop huh? i like it!

jr, i looked around and it is american black walnut.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the rear sight from numrich . the one that came with it had 2 holes and flipped back and forth .i forget what it is called.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Billy:
That is a great looking rifle. And the sight you added was the MK 1, used 1941-1942 and 1946-1949 on most Enfields. The little two stage peep was the MK 2 or MK 3, a war-time expedient, and was found mostly on the Savage and Long Branch units. Ya gotta love the Enfields! Smoothest action ever put on a military bolt.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the input! the action is like butter.one of the cool things about these is they would be very expensive if they were built today. black walnut? fully floated bbl? 2 stage trigger? yeah they would be pricey! mine cost $130

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice rifle !
Savage and Longbranch furniture was either walnut or birch .
Yours appears to be walnut .
Is there any stamps that may be on the bottom side of the forestock or butt ?

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes there is a circle with an S in it! howd ya guess? ive never noticed that before.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
My Longbranch has no stock markings. It's about as nice as nice gets. I bought it in 1988.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Seems like quite a few Longbranch rifles didn't have much for stamps .
Mine has no stamps on the outside , but inside there are some and they are quite small .

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in 1941 the first run of savage rifles cost $75each! wow i was just reading the history of them

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, makes you wanna go back in time and buy a bunch of each you want don't you:burnout:

Rob

·
Registered
304 Posts

This is an Enfield I picked up new in the Cosmoline about 10 years ago. It came with a brand new blade Bayonet and scabbard as well. I was lucky enough to find several brand new extra magazines and stripper clips for it at a local gun show a couple of years ago. It's been a really nice shooter, and is quite accurate. My wife enjoys shooting it because the shorter length of pull suits her well. Bill T.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats real nice!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts