close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Engraved Mak

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GARY D, Jul 15, 2002.

1. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Thought some of you might get a kick out of what I did to my Mak. I played around with it and engraved some STUFF on the slide and frame. My signature is on it and if I ever get world famous :rolleyes: it will make the gun worth a fortune :p

Anyway I always liked this little pistola and now with the engraving I love and it's fun to show around when I'm shooting it.

[​IMG]

2. Gary- very impressive-very nice.

3. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Thank you Alan.

4. I don't own a MAK yet. Just curious what would you charge for a similar engraving?

5. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

The only thing I can engrave is the slide because I am not an FFL and can't receive a whole gun but the slide would be $25.00 done similar to what is shown but to see more please go to ZIPGRAVER . There is some Glock slide engraving and other gun stuff and other options for engraving.

Engraving doesn't make the gun shoot any better but it does make the shooter feel better. :p

Thanks

6. Thanks Gary-- as far as I am concerned--that is more than than a resonable price.

7. Just a word of warning --there are rules and regulations on advertising. Check with Jessie and Chris on this issue. And yes I was the one to ask you the questions, and I accept all responsibilities. Probably be banned for ever.

8. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

OOPS... never thought about it as advertising but you're right Alan it is. Won't do it anymore. :(

9. Gary D at least you are an honest man.--God bless.

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

What kind of grips are those? They are neither the brown "star" grips or the black thumbrest grips.

11. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Pearce... they are about about 8-9 years old I think.

PS- They are awesome!

12. Klaus,

I have Pearce on mine too.

If you're interested they are nice comfortable grips.

They add a little more 'beef' to the grip and helps larger hands.

They are not slip ons as they screw on with the existing screw on the back of the gripe.

13. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Very nice Mak, man!

14. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Thanks! :D

And it shoots as good at it looks too!

15. NRAJOE

WHEN I get one we'll talk about you engraving the slide,okay? Also what kind of sights are those? Original sights are sadly lacking!

16. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Joe, those are the original adjustable sights that came on the Russian models. Kinda like putting mud flaps on a dragster, if you ask me. They work pretty well, but if you break the pin holding them on, that's a nightmare to fix. They had to have them on there because they aren't considered a sporting handgun by the GCA of '68 without them.

17. NRAJOE

Oh, okay, all I've ever seen is the fixed sight East German and Bulgarian.

18. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

You know I've never had to adjust those sights :p Shot perfect right out of the box and continues to do so to this day. Gotta remember this ain't no target pistol but darn good. ;)