close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My favorite gun or the one that got away

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rooster, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

One of my most favorite guns was a Rem 760 in 30-06. It was my Dad's rifle that he let me use to shoot my first deer. I thought it shot like a laser, kicked like a mule, but the deer was as dead as door nail. I don't know what happened to that gun, I think Dad needed some money back in those days and the 760 went for a trip. You know you could buy another 760 in 30-06 but it wouldn't be the same gun.

Anybody have a similar story?

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I saw some form of G3 at a gun show last year for $535. I'm not sure the exact make, but now I know that that was a great price for a stamped receiver model with colored furniture. I'm thinking it may have been a pre-ban original. Wish I knew what I know now. And there were those Garands for $350ish too...

3. i just wish i'd been buying mac90's, two or three a year when they were $200. hind sight is 20/20

4. Re: one that got away

Sold a Mod 70 Varminter in .225. Pre-64 of course!! Also, the Sako Golden Anniversary model I sold.

5. My first M1 Garand, most collectors scoffed at it because it was a century reciever with USGI parts, but it shot like hell, would digest most anything and never malfunctioned.
    But i just picked up a replacment, a SA in the 3,600,000 range.
    Can't wait to try her out!.
    -Jesse