Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my fiance hunting for the first time at the beginning of whitetail season. At first three does walked out at around 150yards. After a while of watching them two left the plot. I was really wanting my fiance to kill a deer so i told her to go ahead and kill the doe. I was actually expecting her to miss the deer, but bang first shot first kill. Dropped the doe immediately.

She was excited as anything and was wanting to get out of the stand, but i told her to hold up and see if anything else came out. About 20 minutes later i looked out the back of the box stand through a tiny 6x8" hole and there were three bucks behind the stand about 50 yards behind us. I don't know how they didn't hear us, b/c she was running her mouth the whole time after the first shot.

Well i let her get turned around in her chair to make a shot. When she was making the shot i couldn't see anthing b/c she had the hole covered up pretty well. I told her to pick the biggest one and shoot. She did just that. She shot at the first buck and said he had ran off "i thought she missed" so i asked if there was another deer in the polt she said yes so i told her to bolt another one in and take him. She promptly complied and bolted in another round and shot the smaller buck.

We got out of the stand and the big buck was down "shot through front shoulder" but was still trying to get up so i put a round in him with my 444marlin which blew out a his lungs. Never seen that before air literally blew out of the entry hole.

The smaller buck ran about 100yards up a small stream before he died we were able to track him pretty easily.

Needless to say she had a blast and was actually not grossed out by the blood while skinning at all.

Me and my dad had a fun time skinning out all three of them while she got to sit on her but and watch:09:

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I'd say she had a blast !!! LOL I'm proud of her now how did you do ?
About the lungs being blown out the exit hole. I have a Marlin leveraction thats 375 caliber and every Deer I've shot with it you'll find internals laying all over the ground.
The very first time I witnessed that I wondered what is that !!!
Those big bullets get the job done !!!...A.H

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Yep, I had a Win 94 Big Bore in 375 Win. Used to blow big holes in whitetails!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good going, where do you guys attach tags there?
You don't have to tag deer in MS at least i've never heard of it. You don't see to many game wardens around my area. We usually manage things pretty tightly but I was really wanting her to get a buck, she just happened to get two. :)

I'm very proud of her.

I didn't shoot anything this year. I let a few younger bucks pass but i'm after the big daddys. This is the first year we have owned this particular property, and we only took about 12 deer off of 7,000 Acres.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Good for her.
I have been trying to get my wife out shooting with me for months. I have taken her out and she enjoys shooting my Ruger MKII and my .357 as long as she is shooting .38s out of it. I would like to get her to shoot some rifles but they frighten her. She never grew up around guns so I am trying to ease her into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts