My first Mosin from'89

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by MJ11, Aug 13, 2010.

1. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

[​IMG]

I couln not believe how well shot with 180g ball back then until I tried the 174 .311" Sierra Match King.

...MJ...

2. Wow....that rifle looks awesome! :shock:

3. RangeShooter

RangeShooter G&G Newbie

Nice sniper, was it as expensive back in the day as now?
    As for the Sierra .311's I just started loading with those and they ROCK! The Hornady were ok, but the Crimp groove doesn't line up on the Lapua 7.62x53r brass so I went with the Sierra and a Factory crimp die.
    What powder are you using?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. Dallas rifleman

Dallas rifleman G&G Newbie

That is a nice rifle i like dark stocks but still nice gun:handgun:

5. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

IMR 4064 and Lapua brass. I think I have 15 reloads on the brass now. I think the rifle was $400. I got my second one in '92 for $325 from Ellison's before he passed away. It really shines past 300 yards.

[​IMG]

6. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Show off! Nice rifles though :)

7. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

I have a Yugo too. All matching unfired.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  8. Dallas rifleman

Dallas rifleman G&G Newbie

alright now your really showing off but i cant stop staring at those rifles:shocked1:

9. Adam Roth

Adam Roth G&G Newbie

Unfired? What you waiting for? When the zombies come you want to make sure they shoot straight don't ya...

10. Mosaka

Mosaka G&G Newbie

Those are really nice! What kind of sling is that leather one on the bottom?.....looks like a Romainian SKS/M44 Sling

11. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

That is some nice looking Iron!!!!

12. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

The sling came on the rifle and I don't know much more. The guy I got it from was an impoter and brought this and a lot more in from Finland. The rifle had the mount on the receiver and the scope was in a bag. I had to get a bracket from him that is post war. Shooting witht he iron sites before fitting the scope was a treat as it would hit small plates at 300 yards. I have shot this one at 600 yards in action events in a vally with targets at all elevations and distance. On the second course I scored 40 of a possible 50 points. Targets ranged from 200 to 600 yards.
    [​IMG]

13. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

14. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

200 yard Hun's head. Really enjoy this rifle.

[​IMG]

15. thanks for sharing again. your milsurp collection is impressive to say the least.

16. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

Thank you and your very welcome.

[​IMG]