Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
I have a picture of me (at age 18) in high school cap and gown standing with both my Dad and Granddad. They were celebrating the fact that I was the first to get a high school diploma. This was 1965

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great picture.
I had a great grandfather when I was little. He died around the same time as yours.
We had a fathers day communion breakfast at my church/school when I was a kid. My great grandpa always went and he always got the award as the oldest father there. He was only in his 80's at the time, but he was the oldest. He was this tiny little guy, and he was so proud of being the oldest dad at that breakfast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The generation that lived in the Great Depression were tough. We're marshmellows compared to them.
No lie , My grandparents came here before the depression and somehow managed to not just survive but to but two homes and raise a family . I remember my grandmother and grandfather always had a bunch of self jarred fruits and vegetables canned and I asked why one time and they said best to have and not need then to need it and not have it , To this day I always make sure I have food saved for one of those unknown might rear its ugly head as it did for those poor souls back then .

·
Registered
113 Posts
We are talking about the W W l, generation. Dad was born in Italy in 1899. He was put in the Italitan army at 15 to help fight W W l, When the war was over, he came here in 1919. Mom's parents came here in the early 1900's. Mom was born in PA in 1908. Mom and dad meet, raised 8 children. Even though that did well, I always wondered, what all those people like my parents would have had, if there was no deperession.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts